URAL APA-5D Airfield starter 1:35

Hi everyone!

Usually I'm in "aircraft modeling" sector of this forum, but this topic is not so far away.

This is my latest finished model. I made it in 8 months. I counted +600 parts... whistle.gif

I started with old Alanger URAL 4320 kit + Eduard PE + NeOmega wheels + HAD models resin conversion but I had some bad luck with Alanger kit so I changed to new Trumpeter mold and added a few more details from scratch. Eduard PE and Neomega wheels were not used.

I used walkarounds photos from Chelyabinsk (Shagol AFB) in Russia. http://walkarounds.s.../APA-5D Shagol/

My intention was never a 1:1 copy of that particular airfield starter - those photos were more like an inspiration, a guideline for me ..

Starter was painted with Russian 4BO set + white and weathering was made with rust track, dark steel and black pigments, and washed with Africa Dust - all from AK Interactive.

Chassis is Model Master 1749 Flat black + washed Africa Dust later. For cabin interior I used 15-20 paints.

P1020100_2.jpg

P1020101_2.jpg

P1020107_2.jpg

P1020109_2.jpg

P1020121_2.jpg

P1020140_2.jpg

P1020145_2.jpg

P1020148_2.jpg

P1020149_2.jpg