1/72 Roden Nieuport 24bis

• 1 month later...

When I was gluing in the top wing I pressed down too hard and smashed the braces. I have since reglued all the broken parts, although it still needs a little paint retouching. I guess I had to learn how delicate these thing are the hard way.

• 1 month later...

Still working. The rigging is done. Unfortunately, I screwed it up in a few locations. I had a complicated scheme of slots and holes that the rigging was supposed to go through. I would weight the free end, glue the connections, and trim the free end. When I did it right, it looks great. But I glued the low connection on the port wing when it was slack, and it couldn't be fixed. So I cut the strands and unevenly butt-joined them to the location with an ugly glob of superglue. The upper wing failure caused other rigging problems. It's a definitely a tricky skill and this aspect of modeling does not forgive mistakes.

fONLWZn.jpg

I have to putty a few small rigging holes, install the gun, control arms, and prop, and then dull coat it.