Textron Scorpion attack aircraft.

My pics from RIAT Fairford......

New_Scorpion_001.jpg

New_Scorpion_002.jpg

New_Scorpion_003.jpg

New_Scorpion_004.jpg

Ken

PS - Just noticed :doh: - no FLIR turret in the landing/taxying phoptos - but fitted in the static park - maybe just mockup - surely not retractable???

Edited by Flankerman

My pics from RIAT Fairford......

New_Scorpion_001.jpg

New_Scorpion_002.jpg

New_Scorpion_003.jpg

New_Scorpion_004.jpg

Ken

PS - Just noticed :doh:/> - no FLIR turret in the landing/taxying phoptos - but fitted in the static park - maybe just mockup - surely not retractable???

If you read the webpage I posted in the opening post,you'll see that the FLIR turret is retractable into the nose & the's another position in the rear,as well as a bomb bay

If you read the webpage I posted in the opening post,you'll see that the FLIR turret is retractable into the nose & the's another position in the rear,as well as a bomb bay

It's a sensor/fuel bay, not a weapons bay. It's a bay that accepts a variety of sensor and/or fuel arrangements but has no doors or stores stations internally.

Thanks 'spike7451'

But someone who watched the Scorpion being prep'd for its flight to Farnborough, reports that the FLIR turret is currently a mock up and was removed for the flight.

Interesting plane though.......

Ken