Got the Lone Star B-26 conversion set yesterday, along with the Red Gecko decals. I'm thinking of turning the Monogram kit into an RAF Marauder Mk.1 based in North Africa, but I'm having a hard time finding info on any differences between a USAAF B-26A and the RAF version. I'm assuming the cockpits and armament are the same, but can that also be said for the rest of the interior (radio/navagation stations, etc)?

Thanks in advance.

From Wikipedia;

"British Commonwealth[edit]

In 1942, a batch of 52 B-26A Marauders (designated Marauder I by the RAF) were offered to the United Kingdom under Lend-Lease. Like the earlier Martin Maryland and Baltimore bombers, these were sent to the Mediterranean, replacing the Bristol Blenheims of No. 14 Squadron in Egypt. No. 14 Squadron flew its first operational mission on 6 November 1942, being used for long range reconnaissance, mine-laying and anti-shipping strikes.[30] Unlike the USAAF, 14 Squadron made productive use of the equipment for carrying torpedoes, sinking several merchant ships with this weapon. The Marauder also proved useful in disrupting enemy air transport, shooting down considerable numbers of German and Italian transport aircraft flying between Italy and North Africa.[31]

In 1943, deliveries of 100 long-wingspan B-26C-30s (Marauder II), allowed two squadrons of the South African Air Force, 12 and 24 Squadron to be equipped, these being used for bombing missions over the Aegean, Crete and Italy. A further 350 B-26F and Gs were supplied in 1944, with two more South African Squadrons (24 and 30) joining No 12 and 24 in Italy to form an all-Marauder equipped wing, while one further SAAF squadron (25) and a new RAF Squadron (39 Squadron) re-equipped with Marauders as part of the Balkan Air Force supporting Tito's Partisans in Yugoslavia. A Marauder of 25 Squadron SAAF, lost on the unit's last mission of the Second World War on 4 May 1945, was the last Marauder to be lost in combat by any user.[32] The British and South African aircraft were quickly scrapped following the end of the war, the United States not wanting the return of the Lend-Lease aircraft.[30]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-26_Marauder

As the RAF Marauders are the same as the "normal" B-26 Versions in use by USAAF, the interiors will be the same colors etc.

Edited by Niels