ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Hajo L.

Alternatives for B-52 pylon-loadout in 1:144...?

A small update: Lancer is going to send me two sets of the ARII weapon set. So I have 4 MERs, and since he was nice enough to swap some Snakeyes against MK-82 I will have a full load of 24x MK-82 for my Buff!

HAJO

I want to show you how the BUFF looks like now that I´ve finished it:

IMG_4981_zps9b593837.jpg

IMG_4980_zps18c3577e.jpg

Unfortunately I screwed up the final clear matt coat... Should have thinned it even more, I think

IMG_4982_zps19739c64.jpg

IMG_4985_zps7a8ff43d.jpg

IMG_4986_zpscc3b9b8b.jpg

IMG_4978_zps287cfb7c.jpg

IMG_4979_zps9cb3008f.jpg

Up and away to distant targets!

IMG_4990_zps149f0d7c.jpg

HAJO

That looks nice anyway. :woot.gif:/>

What exactly happened to your flat coat? Can't really see anyting wrong with it on the pictures.

The look of the bombs makes me want to start one my B-52s in my stash, but really I need to finish some old projects first before I start a new model.

Impressive with that weapons! :thumbsup: How did you correct too wide framing at the windshield?

Lancer, you can see the white brush-stroke-stains on the two close-ups of the front section. But I think I took some good pictures that didn´t revealed the effect too much. I can show you some more "disgusting" pictures in private... ;-)

As for the windshield: I simply first cut and then sanded off the front frames. Then I sanded it smooth and polished it, gave it a coat of future and finally cut two small frames out of paper. I was surprised myself how simple it went!

HAJO

Lancer, you can see the white brush-stroke-stains on the two close-ups of the front section. But I think I took some good pictures that didn´t revealed the effect too much. I can show you some more "disgusting" pictures in private... ;-)

As for the windshield: I simply first cut and then sanded off the front frames. Then I sanded it smooth and polished it, gave it a coat of future and finally cut two small frames out of paper. I was surprised myself how simple it went!

HAJO

Thanks for the trick. It will be applied on mine.

I add some impressions what I did exactly to the windshields:

This si the "original" look, which makes the windshield looks like some sort of small cellar window:

02.jpg

First I cut and sanded off the middel part and only left a small sheet of the two main frames:

IMG_4889_zpsf1ef3d42.jpg

Then glued the clear part to the model:

IMG_4890_zpsf835d596.jpg

Still didn´t liked it, since the frames now were too far apart, the front window isn´t that wide. So I sanded off the two small frames also:

IMG_4891_zps86c6b60a.jpg

IMG_4892_zps5ffb3e54.jpg

And here a picture with the frames made of paper:

IMG_4894_zps1a0f61b0.jpg

HAJO

As requested, a set of newly linked pictures...:

H9pXQdQ.jpg

ulSMOEF.jpg

JwR3L9q.jpg

Doo8f0J.jpg

XsWoBBO.jpg

psACCQi.jpg