CP-140 and AIMP modification question

Hi, I'm building a Hassy P-3 as a CP-140M with the AIMP Block III mods and Canuck Models decals. I've scratchbuilt the new ESM wingtips, but does anyone know if the aircraft got a fresh paint job when the Block III mods were done?

Max,

By the time they get to Block III they've had their structural upgrade which would require a repaint due to the amount of sheet metal work involved. So if not done at the time of the last upgrade, it would have been fairly recent. Looking at pictures on Airliners.net they look pretty clean so I'd keep the weathering to a minimum. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Sean

(Curious about how you did the ESM mods - do you have any photos you could share?)

(Curious about how you did the ESM mods - do you have any photos you could share?)

If 140112 has the mods, I will get you some tomorrow, unless of course, you come to our little airshow at Cold Lake and take some of your own.

I'll post a pic as soon as I'm done cleaning up the mods. All I did was glue on the CP-140 wingtips from the kit and using this photo I found on CP-140 Aurora - Canadian MMAas a guide:

Duncan_Monk_CP-140_140115_ESM_small.jpg

took some 1/4 by 1/8 square evergreen stock shaped into an oval, notched the wingtips 1/8 inch deep at a roughly 45 degree angle, glued in a 3/8 inch long piece of the stock and used MK I eyeball to sand it to shape until it looked right. It won't be tamigawa quality, but I think I'm the first to do it! :woot.gif:/>

Thanks for the play by play on the kit mod!

Scooby and Ian: I guess I should have been a little more clear in my request - I was looking for photos of the modeled blisters rather than the 1:1 article. Pretty easy to figure out from the pictures on the net. Hope the show was worth it, I ended up having to work.

Cheers,

Sean

I hunted around for pics of the one that came to the Bagotville airshow last summer, but I guess I wasn't interested enough to take any. It was one of the modified aircraft, though, and I recall it had a nice clean paint job. Minimal weathering is my advice as well.

ALF

Ok, catching up.

I agree on weathering, at best there is now a shadow on the side of the airfrmes under the cockpit where the IMP BlockIII decal was placed.

Here are my mods after a primer coat and more putty and sanding to clean up, still need to move the wingtip light, not perfect, but had to try:

esm_3_zps6528c16b.jpg

esm_2_zps8e653c6a.jpg

esm_1_zps8e7496c4.jpg