Aigore,

I've heard of others using the boiling water method, but I've shied away from it as I was certain that my efforts would certainly produce a disaster. But after seeing how you do it with a count to three, I'm going to try it next time I need to.

Canopy hatches look great in the open position. The only issue I see is the glue stains. Some matt varnish should take care of that.

Joel

Yup, will do :) Thanx Joel :D

Nothing to it really, if it's boiling it is too hot....right before it starts boiling you're in the zone.

Exactly so biggrin.gif

If I dip the cloth in thinner it takes off all the paint so I only do that when I want to redo.

A point might be that when I apply the spots I use wet colors and a brush dipped in turpentine.

The dry method works best for aircraft since you don´t have all those small nooks and crannie to navigate as you do on armour. with the cloth you get very smooth streaks and they flow nicely over wing and fuselage Surfaces....just don´t have any small stuff glued on tongue.gif

Ah; I just caught this post.

With the dry cloth; Do you fold it in order to have a flat and smooth cloth surface or do you just bundle it in a small ball/wad when you do your wipes?

BTW; I'm definitely going to add this method to my weathering routine 271.gif .

Ah; I just caught this post.

With the dry cloth; Do you fold it in order to have a flat and smooth cloth surface or do you just bundle it in a small ball/wad when you do your wipes?

BTW; I'm definitely going to add this method to my weathering routine 271.gif .

I sometimes fold it but mostly I hold it with my thumb pressing it to the surface.

Remember putting a gloss varnish on first :)

OK then.... I suppose this is the last update biggrin.gif

IMG_1439_zps3f864569.jpg

Other than the bombs and the canopy hatch actuators I´m all done now....

I´ll do the small stuff tomorrow and then it´s packing time.

Thanx all for looking and keeping me on the straight and narrow, and no less, keepnjg my mojo up biggrin.gif

I´ll rig for a photo shoot next week after the model show biggrin.gif

Cheers!

'Vark pron, I'll tell you w00t.gif !

It really is looking good 70.gif .

Man; When you add the four MERs to the 'Vark, it's going to look absolutely awesome!

For some reason, I really like the look of an a/c with a heavy loadout. Even the F-22, that's supposed to fly 'clean' for stealth purposes, I think looks really good with a pair of drop tanks hanging under it's wings.

My future F-111A Viet Nam era build will have a loadout of four MERs with Snakeye bombs (Along with ECM pods).

'Vark pron, I'll tell you w00t.gif !

It really is looking good 70.gif .

Man; When you add the four MERs to the 'Vark, it's going to look absolutely awesome!

For some reason, I really like the look of an a/c with a heavy loadout. Even the F-22, that's supposed to fly 'clean' for stealth purposes, I think looks really good with a pair of drop tanks hanging under it's wings.

My future F-111A Viet Nam era build will have a loadout of four MERs with Snakeye bombs (Along with ECM pods).

Than Six :D

remember...no MERs on the vark, well maybe during vietnam, normally it's BRU-03A/a's that's holding the bombs.

I like the massive loads on FB-111's with 8 (!) BRU's ...that's 48 mk82's :)

Than Six biggrin.gif

remember...no MERs on the vark, well maybe during vietnam, normally it's BRU-03A/a's that's holding the bombs.

I like the massive loads on FB-111's with 8 (!) BRU's ...that's 48 mk82's smile.gif

As far as I know the biggest difference with the 'Vark racks were that they were much more aerodynamic than other MERs and only 'Varks used them.

AFAIK, they're still a multi ejector rack in the general sense. Is there any info I'm missing?

The pic of the F-111 with 8 BRUs was purely done as a PR pic only. Hardpoint stations #1 and #8 were never used operationally for anything.

F_111_A8_134_loaded_with_48_Mk82_500lb_low_drag_bombs_15Nov89_000_144_231.jpg

As far as I know the biggest difference with the 'Vark racks were that they were much more aerodynamic than other MERs and only 'Varks used them.

AFAIK, they're still a multi ejector rack in the general sense. Is there any info I'm missing?

The pic of the F-111 with 8 BRUs was purely done as a PR pic only. Hardpoint stations #1 and #8 were never used operationally for anything.

F_111_A8_134_loaded_with_48_Mk82_500lb_low_drag_bombs_15Nov89_000_144_231.jpg

LOL, I was told off when I was using the term MER so I just passed on the info ;)

Very nice Janne. Good luck on the judging table. Thank you for sharing your progress with us and some of the techniques you used this time around. As this aircraft has long served in the RAAF I will get around to building one in the future. It's been good following your build. Looking forward to another extensive gallery next week some time.

Very nice Janne. Good luck on the judging table. Thank you for sharing your progress with us and some of the techniques you used this time around. As this aircraft has long served in the RAAF I will get around to building one in the future. It's been good following your build. Looking forward to another extensive gallery next week some time.

Thanx Rob :D

Yup, there'll be a plethora of pictures from any conceivable angle :D

Aigore,

Congratulations on crossing the finishing line. It was an exceptional build, one that was very well presented to those of us following along. Overall, your F-111E looks fantastic. Hopefully it will turn the judges eyes. Will it be going up against your Viggen?

Good luck at the contest, and enjoy your time there.

Joel

Aigore,

Congratulations on crossing the finishing line. It was an exceptional build, one that was very well presented to those of us following along. Overall, your F-111E looks fantastic. Hopefully it will turn the judges eyes. Will it be going up against your Viggen?

Good luck at the contest, and enjoy your time there.

Joel

Thanx for following me all the way, Joel! and for your comments and support :D

So far it looks like all the jets in 1/48th scale will compete in the same class... no advanced class as of yet but I guess that depends on how many kits show up.

Nice build, Janne! If any complaint can be made, it is the poor fit of the windshield :angry:/> . Othet than that That is a masterpiece.

I wish you luck in the contest with this kit.

Cheers.

Juan

Thanx Juan :D

LoL, even the sun has its spots :P

Yay! Did a very good show, it was the swedish nationals btw. The vark got a special honorary mention, my Viggen a honorary mention and I owned the miscellaneous class with my SLAVE1 (winner) and my TIE fighter (special honorary mention) and got a national gold medal in the same class.

Yay! Did a very good show, it was the swedish nationals btw. The vark got a special honorary mention, my Viggen a honorary mention and I owned the miscellaneous class with my SLAVE1 (winner) and my TIE fighter (special honorary mention) and got a national gold medal in the same class.

Dude; It sounds like you cleaned house 271.gif ! !

Congrats on your awards 70.gif !

Aigore,

Congratulations on achieving 1 Honorary Mention, 2 Special Honary Mentions, 1 Winner, and 1 National Gold Medal. Could you post pictures of your Miscellaneous class winners.

Joel

Aigore,

Unbelievable. Your painting and weathering is simply spectacular. I did have a chuckle when you said that it's not a contest winner.

Joel

Thanx Joel,

Well...always when I've finished a build I'm overly aware of all my mistakes and a model really have to "cure" on the shelves for a while before I start to appreciate it.

This is a masterpiece, my friend. There's not much more than I can say. It gives me great joy to see builds like this!

Thanx Walt :D

Excellent build and congrats on the wins. :woo:/>

Thanx Tomcat97 :D