BUFF Master Design

Yes Don I remember it well...

Of course at the time there was the CE conversaion set in the mix, a conversion that is incomplete if my memory serves me correctly.

If you want a G or H from a D then you have to buy from SuperBugModels... or pay well over £100 for the CE set and then still have to add a lot of details, all for the sake of not correcting the AMT kit.

Setting aside the CE set as it was the stuff of legend 7-8 years ago and it nothing more than folklore to all but a few who wasted their money on it.

The only way to get a G or H is to go AMT/Italeri. unless of course you want to go with SuperBug...

Your whole argument is based on not being bothered what version you want.

I am, I do care and all the work you tallk about in the correction of the kit I rather enjoy.

I like the challenge of building it. Im not a kit constructor kinda guy Don, I like to make models.

I built more than several in my time and im looking forward to building the kits ive got. which numbers close on a dozen now.

I dont think we will ever have a resolution about the monogram kit until somebody actually measures the radius of the fuselage and shows me the kit is the same only 72 times smaller

Regardless of any of the above, you're still putting lipstick on a pig.

Ya know....I get it about the pig thing. I've got several of the AMT offerings. The Monogram also. But I gotta say...the AMT model is quite nice after you've spent endless hours sanding & filling. But as far as I'm concerned the engraved panel lines and the "H" tail and other "H" features make it worth putting up with the crap & pig issues. You just have to model the thing different....as in using every possible skill you've ever learned. LOL. The engines do suck however. Between the 2 though....they both have their good & bad points....just different. $0.02...

Personally I would LOVE a new and proper kit of a tiny tailed 52 Golf or Hotel to make these endless debates moot :thumbsup: ! I am sure you would agree that AMT missed a huge opportunity with their versions. There is obviously interest in later versions of the B-52, with Monogram pretty much having the market on the Tall Tails. But most folks don't want the hassle of the AMT kit...and it is a hassle. But...odds are we will never see another new B-52 in 1/72 anytime soon, if at all. Shame as it really is an aircraft worthy of a proper 1/72 kit. Dare to dream...

I think you are right Don, a new tool of all 5 versions of of the G and H would be very welcome indeed!

I wouldnt mind ditching my collection and rebuying them all if it goes together better, but the kit is the only game in town, there aint many jets that I can say I love and the B-52G & H are there, together with the xC-135x versions and the F-111

Im sure when you guys were teenagers you were totally perfect in every way, some of us were not.

The guy made a mistake, Im sure he knows he made a mistake and regrets it.

Why drown out talent because you are still bitter about it after nigh on ten years!

Daniel Phelps is a liar and a thief. Nobody should trust this guy under any circumstances. I won't go into my dealings with him, except (for one example) he confessed that he used my money to pay his taxes. Or, he ran out of printer paper to print instructions.

If your interested, check out my posts about him over at Hyperscale six or seven years ago.

His castings are crap as well.

Chris

I think you are right Don, a new tool of all 5 versions of of the G and H would be very welcome indeed!

I wouldnt mind ditching my collection and rebuying them all if it goes together better, but the kit is the only game in town, there aint many jets that I can say I love and the B-52G & H are there, together with the xC-135x versions and the F-111

We should probably be careful what we wish for... Trumpeter B-52 anyone? ;)