Upper intake wall on Super Hornet - Fill or not?

Well, it's a seam. But ask yourself: "Who is my audience?" If you're building to impress contest judges, this and every other seam and molding blemish had better be taken care of. But realistically, who else is going to pick up your model and see if you've filled it? Your kids? Your wife/gal? The guys in you model club? If you put your model on a shelf and never pick it up for years, not even you will see whether that seam is filled or not. You need to recognize your satisfaction level.

Well, it's a seam. But ask yourself: "Who is my audience?" If you're building to impress contest judges, this and every other seam and molding blemish had better be taken care of. But realistically, who else is going to pick up your model and see if you've filled it? Your kids? Your wife/gal? The guys in you model club? If you put your model on a shelf and never pick it up for years, not even you will see whether that seam is filled or not. You need to recognize your satisfaction level.

I tried that for some time but realized I'm my worst critic. I can tell you I couldn't live with leaving a seam like that unfilled.

Rob

Which kit is that?

Hasegawa 1/72. Same mold for "F" and Growler. Not sure about their "E".

I agree. Up until recently, I never bothered about seams that aren't obvious. For some reason though, in my last couple of builds, I started worrying more about this. I reckon I will have to step back and stop doing this. Sadly, I only realised this unproductive obsession after I accidentally made a mistake of in trying to make the inside of my Revell Super Hornets "perfect" I unknowingly sanded off a little corner of the intake causing it to curve slightly.

I tried that for some time but realized I'm my worst critic. I can tell you I couldn't live with leaving a seam like that unfilled.

Rob

I agree with you that I'm my worst critic. Especially lately.