Eduard 1/48 Nieuport type 17 (#2)

in the background of this photo is the cowling of that nieuport 17

it has the soldered reinforcements on the middle of each sides instead of being placed on top (like the one on the foreground)

DSCN7232_zpsf15a5b7a.jpg

here's 2 photos of what it looks like with decals... i have had some trouble with decals on the rudder... i have used some some Mr.Mark Softer... and it happens that the decals have move/crumpled a little, so both sides are not exactly aligned... and there'll be some minor paint touch ups required to make all looks right(more or less)

DSCN7245_zps3e2da28a.jpg

DSCN7246_zps56f9dcdd.jpg

Edited by mingwin

this one also got the aluminium tape treatment on its access panels and heat plate. painted and decals on the lacing area...and preparing the rear landing arrestor for an upcoming woodgrain painting...

DSCN7410_zps8cc8c238.jpg

DSCN7411_zpsb631ceec.jpg

DSCN7412_zpsffc6e7e8.jpg

i was quite luckier with that one for the aft rigging...

did a fast attempt in late evening...and surprisingly, everything line up rather swiftly! i am please by that!

...but i won't push further my luck for this evening, and leave my modeling project till tomorrow.

i may have not tell it, but since i did a *find* on how to rig those aft rigging with a little less pain, i though i might share my trick.

first i'm rigging "by pairs" two at a time, it avoid having to use glue to fix the wire to the fuselage hole!

i'm using the finest sewing needle i have. glue the tip of the needle with the tip of the wire that i'll use for the rigging with CA (i use accelerator to speed up the operation)

once they are glued together, i use the needle to insert the wire, like sewing the wire through the fuselage... since the needle hole is too large to get in, i just let the tip of the needle shows on the other side, use tweeser to take the attached wire, push till it is equal on both sides of the fuselage, cut the wire attached to the needle, holds it with tweesers while pulling back the needle, and voilà! a wire runs through it!

DSCN7431_zps928ba00e.jpg

so, since everything went easely that time, here's how it looks when not messing too much...

DSCN7433_zpsc89ec399.jpg

DSCN7434_zps86d40ae7.jpg

DSCN7436_zpsad0e05f7.jpg

DSCN7437_zps95581aad.jpg

the only thing that i'm unhappy with that build is that i ain't painted the correctives touch-ups to the rudder... so it doesn't look great when zoomed like on these photos...

thanks for looking!

your comments are welcome and appreciated!

have a nice modeling time!

i may have not tell it, but since i did a *find* on how to rig those aft rigging with a little less pain, i though i might share my trick.

first i'm rigging "by pairs" two at a time, it avoid having to use glue to fix the wire to the fuselage hole!

I'm doing something similar with Jenny. Each control surface has 3 wires from the control horn to the trailing edge and I am going to try using one piece of thread for the outer two. Run it through the bottom horn, through the holes top and bottom, through the top horn and on through the other outside hole to end at the bottom horn. The third one in the middle should be a cinch.

That thing is such a stringbag. Lot of paired rigging wires.

Ken

i'm very happy that the Russians have use the nieuports in WWIbiggrin.gif with their much simpler rigging! ...because, as a newbe to this, rigging is very hard on the nerves!

i'll take a look at your progress on the Jenny as soon you'll post updates! (as usual, because you are, with me, to most active in this GB...and thanks for this! cos it's very interesting!)

so for today, there'll be only one pic for the update. as for my other builds, i've rig the landing gear and glued it to the fuselage... i have a very hard time doing so for that one, the gear was slightly warped in all kind of manners (just slightly...but enough to make the pins/hole alignment impossible...and when glued, the structure wasn't straightwacko.gif...so i have to "forced"it carefully till it adopt the right stance... but i've broke it at least 3 times before it was rightsad.gif...

DSCN7441_zpsc90a74b5.jpg

and as this one also have some issue with it cowling having a slight seam/gap... i use again the same patching solution as for my other Ni-17...

DSCN7502_zps32b508f6.jpg

DSCN7503_zpscdac8a4a.jpg

DSCN7504_zpsf6f807b9.jpg

thanks for taking a glance at my work!

hope you have a nice moment!

as always, comments are welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

my second completed build! ...i'm so happy this is over!

it was fun project, most of the time, but it was hard on the nerves by the end... i'm happy with the final result, even if not perfect.

here's some photos;

DSCN7602_zps854ca6a6.jpg

DSCN7605_zps80801782.jpg

DSCN7606_zps05c6fc6c.jpg

DSCN7608_zps23a8eb20.jpg

DSCN7610_zps88108782.jpg