KINETIC AMX 1/48

Nothing wrong with raised rivets on the AMX rear fuselage. Although it seems some modellers would rather have recessed rivets for artistic reasons...

Indeed. And it's a lot easier to erode the rivets (with steel wool perhaps) if you think that they stick out too much than make the raised rivets.

Edited by Laurent

I've been waiting on and wanting this one, now that Kinetic has made that a possibility, what could we see next :hmmm: possibly a YAK-130.....I believe I read/heard somewhere that the Yak-130 was the basis for the AMX :whistle: ; at least the design concept. You hear often how the Mikoyan-Gurevich, and Sukhoi Bureaus' stole/borrowed any one of a number of aircraft designs from western aircraft plans, Ok what will/can be said about that if it is a fact; they do look awfully close in design.

Edited by #1 Greywolf
I believe I read/heard somewhere that the Yak-130 was the basis for the AMX :whistle:/> ; at least the design concept. You hear often how the Mikoyan-Gurevich, and Sukhoi Bureaus' stole/borrowed any one of a number of aircraft designs from western aircraft plans, Ok what will/can be said about that if it is a fact; they do look awfully close in design.

I believe you may be confusing the AMX with the M346 Master : the AMX predates the Yak-130 by a good margin, and there is hardly any resemblance between the two aircraft. But the M-346 is indeed very similar to the Yak-130; simply because they were the same aircraft at some point : the project was a joint venture between MiG and Aermacchi until they decided to go their separate ways. The designs have diverged somewhat since then, but the basic design is still pretty much identical.

Now that the M-346 is getting some traction in the international market (Israel, Singapore etc.); I believe someone will give us an M-346 soon. I don't know if a Yak-130 kit could be made by sharing some sprues, but it must be within the realm of possibility.

But the M-346 is indeed very similar to the Yak-130; simply because they were the same aircraft at some point : the project was a joint venture between MiG and Aermacchi until they decided to go their separate ways.

Yak, not MiG, but i guess that is just a typo. MiG had their own design. And Yak-130 was sold to Algeria prior to M-346 going anywhere, and Lybian ones were made too... Then there is Syria. All the good guys. :)

I believe you may be confusing the AMX with the M346 Master

Yes that's the one thank you for the correction and info, I knew I'd read somewhere about a joint venture between Yakolev and Alenia Aermacchi, I do like the M-346, I think it just has a cool factor attached to it. Anyway hopefully someone will do a kit in 1/48th, it does have some history, though little it is, as compared to other aircraft today. The Korean T-50 doesn't have that many customers and it's been kitted.

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Yes that's the one thank you for the correction and info, I knew I'd read somewhere about a joint venture between Yakolev and Alenia Aermacchi, I do like the M-346, I think it just has a cool factor attached to it. Anyway hopefully someone will do a kit in 1/48th, it does have some history, though little it is, as compared to other aircraft today. The Korean T-50 doesn't have that many customers and it's been kitted.

The T-50 kit ONLY exists because of national pride since the kit and the real plane are made in South Korea.. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Edited by Vince Maddux
  • 1 month later...

Guys, does anyone know how can I reach the Knetic owner email or forum address? Or anyone who make decisions there? I wanna to ask Kinetic about one simple request. Let me explain why.....

This aircraft is basically used by 2 airforces. Italian and Brazilian. Currenty for Brazilian AF this aircraft is under modernization process and already available in some airfields in Brazil. The basic difference from both are the avionics and mission system. After analisys of the available sprues, the kit contemplates extra parts to perform the A1M version ( the M means modernized). The old version of this aircraft is called A-1 (A means "attack") which also contemplates in the sprues as well. Furthermore, the basic difference from italian AF and Brazilian AF is the radome, which italian AF uses vulcan 20mm cannon and Brazilian AF use 30mm cannon instead. And other minor details, not relevant for modelling purposes in my opinion.

But, for my surprise, the cockpit fwd instrument panel for modernized A-1 IS NOT available. Therefore, if you want to build the A1M version, you cannot do it due to lack of modernized cockpit available in this kit. Since I wish to build the A1M version, I really do not wish to become a "hostage" of aftermarket suppliers just because of single panel.....So, my request is to ask Kinectic to check if really have this 2nd type of panel. If its not available, at least design such instrument panel in the decal sheet since to have another mold or tooling cost money and schedule.

Tks for help.

Reference- Modernized cockipt

A-1M

Non modernized cockpit

http://sistemasdearmas.com.br/amx/amx02sensor.html

Edited by Fernando

Guys, does anyone know how can I reach the Knetic owner email or forum address? Or anyone who make decisions there? I wanna to ask Kinetic about one simple request. Let me explain why.....

This aircraft is basically used by 2 airforces. Italian and Brazilian. Currenty for Brazilian AF this aircraft is under modernization process and already available in some airfields in Brazil. The basic difference from both are the avionics and mission system. After analisys of the available sprues, the kit contemplates extra parts to perform the A1M version ( the M means modernized). The old version of this aircraft is called A-1 (A means "attack") which also contemplates in the sprues as well. Furthermore, the basic difference from italian AF and Brazilian AF is the radome, which italian AF uses vulcan 20mm cannon and Brazilian AF use 30mm cannon instead. And other minor details, not relevant for modelling purposes in my opinion.

But, for my surprise, the cockpit fwd instrument panel for modernized A-1 IS NOT available. Therefore, if you want to build the A1M version, you cannot do it due to lack of modernized cockpit available in this kit. Since I wish to build the A1M version, I really do not wish to become a "hostage" of aftermarket suppliers just because of single panel.....So, my request is to ask Kinectic to check if really have this 2nd type of panel. If its not available, at least design such instrument panel in the decal sheet since to have another mold or tooling cost money and schedule.

Tks for help.

Reference- Modernized cockipt

A-1M

Non modernized cockpit

http://sistemasdearmas.com.br/amx/amx02sensor.html

Build the model with a closed canopy.

Kinetic has already answered the question of Fernando. The panel for the modernized version will be included in the kit. :thumbsup:/>/

Yeah..definetely will build with opened canopy. Tks....I did not realized that they would respond straight to the point so fast....I am really happy and tks for the professionalism of Kinetic. I have no ideia if other details may arise after launch because i just realized that this significant detail was not shown in published sprues. But for me as modeller, panel is enough. Other details i believe that its not an issue, since there are no further details to make an analysis. Perhaps the radome , since A1m is slightly different besides 30mm x vulcan 20mm cannon, but per published pics, its not clear enough. After launch lets see....

Edited by Fernando
  • 1 month later...

Interesting that it has decals for twoseaters on the sheet. Does that mean this will be an all-in-one AMX kit?

That's what it looks like - the decal sheet definitely has markings for two two-seaters and the description on the sheet clearly mentions "AMX-T/ A-1B". Either the two kits will be sharing a common decal sheet (not likely), or it will be a 2-in-one. I was also very surprised when I first saw the decal image posted a few days ago.

Both kits, the single seat and two seats, will share the same decal sheet. This was a decision from Kinetic. But the AMX-T/A1B kit will have an extra decal sheet.

Nice sheet! I love the AMX, in doubt if I should wait for the 1/72 version or buy the 1/48 right away :bandhead2:/>/>

Kinetic already waved his intention to scale down the kit to 1/72 on their Facebook page. ;)

Edited by FCM
  • 2 weeks later...
now only wait f for decals Felipe very nice kit

Well the kit already comes with decals from Felipe. Of course you may prefer the schemes offered in the FCM sheet.