Did someone say "stencils"?

Decaling continues

Yes, these are a bit of a legend in their own right -JASDF groundies must have too much time on their hands! After 10 hours of masking, a lifetime of decalling...

Nevertheless, the photos show a truly breathtaking model -I have the Hasegawa 2009 Aggressor boxing which I want to do in this kind of scheme. You haven't put me off exactly (not yet, anyway!) but set the bar unnervingly high. Congratulations on the pain(t) job, a seriously beautiful piece of work and SO worth all the effort! :worship: :worship: :worship:

• 2 weeks later...

And.... we're done. Been busy lately with other life stuff, which sort of luckily resulted in me being home most of this week with time to model. So the Eagle is done.

_DSC3034.jpg

Talk about stencils. I've never done a model with so many before. And the DXM decals while generally nice, many were fragile and cracked, and therefore unusable. Luckily the worst ones were some small stencils, so not too noticeable.

As for loadout, I have a pic of this plane with a captive AIM-9, so I painted one up, and guessed there would be an ACMI sensor (is that the right term?) on the other wing.

Anyways.... I'm very pleased at how this came out. I love Eagles, and this scheme just does something for me. It's going to hang front and center in my collection.

Thanks for looking.

_DSC3041.jpg

_DSC3039.jpg

That really looks nice. Those decals and the lines running through the organic black and white camo are what make this scheme so distinctive, and it's good to see all that work paid off because you captured the look.