Impending Release of Night Stalkers-Part 2 GOTHIC SERPENT to Present

WERNER’S WINGS

announce the impending release of its new decal sheets-

NIGHT STALKERS-PART 2- GOTHIC SERPENT to Present

COVERPHOTO_zpsc8adcf36.jpg

The decals will be available in three scales, 1/35th, 1/48th and 1/72nd scale. Each scale features 20 Night Stalker aircraft. There are FOUR A/MH-6s, NINE MH-60s (including five previously unknown aircraft from Somalia), and SEVEN MH-47s. Besides the aircraft there are additional decals for outside and inside of the aircraft including never before released decals for the Chinook interior, perfect for your Werner’s Wings MH-47E and upcoming MH-47G.

The decals will be available for the first time on 6 August 2014 at the IPMS/USA National Convention in Virginia. We will start taking orders when we return from the show.

Instructions-2SAMPLE_zps1c8da302.jpg

Instructions-3SAMPLE_zps740ce5e5.jpg

Instructions-4SAMPLE_zps7f083dc0.jpg

Instructions-5SAMPLE_zps7f60cf75.jpg

Instructions-6SAMPLE_zpsae310e5f.jpg

Instructions-1SAMPLE_zps3aa5cc34.jpg

While at the show, check out the new CAD prototype pieces for the new 1/35th scale MH-47G conversion that will be released soon. If you are interested this will be a one time offering, so ask about it if you want one. They will not be cheap, but they will be unique and huge on the model table. Hopefully you’ll be able to see my MH-47E on the table at the show if I get it done in time.

Oh boy, this is good news. To bad I can't visit Nat but I'll sure to grab 1 or 2 after the show. :thumbsup:/>/> That is of course, if you don't sell out ST the Nats :unsure:

Edited by Youngtiger1

Does this sheet include MH-60s and MH-47s from D storm and OIF, if so I will be looking at getting a sheet.

We couldn't find many solid refs for DS. There was Lady Godiva, an H-60, that we found reference to, but not any pics, so we didn't do it. The refs for H-47s were even thinner, however, it looks like 89-00146, Turbine 33, might have been deployed to DS, but no idea if it had any special markings. As far as OIF goes, we had a solid info on the MH-6M that Floyd's friend flew, but not much else. The MH-60K with the Skull and crossbones was pictured overseas, but we are not sure if it was OEF or OIF. We did include Razor 01 and Turbine 33, H-47s used in OEF.

Just because we didn't have solid info that a specific helo was used, doesn't mean it wasn't. The 160th doesn't have too many helos, so it is possible that many of them rotated through OIF and OEF.

I hope this helps.

mason

Edited by doupnik

Floyd and Mason, once again thanks for the effort put in on producing this sheet. I will definitely be ordering a sheet when it is released.

Out of curiosity, do you know what prompted the grey colour schemes trialled by the 160th? Was it similar to the trial carried out on the "grey" Apaches for land-based ops or was it for any helicopters assigned to potential maritime operations or ship-based 160th helicopters for dual maritime/on-shore ops? Thanks.

LD.

Here are a couple of photos that I took at Saddam Hussein Int Airport at Baghdad in May 2003. I am not sure of what mark of H-47 and H-60 these are, but they were in the restricted area of the airport. I was on a party that was repairing a RAF Chinook that landed a little short of the airports runway after running our of fuel and was air lifted to the airport. The lads of the Chinook Sqn that were there were very helpful to us.

P5090028_zpsf352b164.jpg

P5090031_zps297846c0.jpg

wow that is an old school HH-60G pic circa 2005-2007 perhaps earlier. We changed that camo scheme in 2007+. That aircraft is from Patrick AFB,FL

Edited by ccrqw602002
  • 1 month later...

I have just ordered a 1/72 copy of this new sheet. It is great to see Super 65 is included.

51418835_wide-aba5749b14db517119c72647ccbeee253b13b78c-s40-c85_zps6cae936e.jpg

LD.

I thought all the Gothic Serpent Blackhawks had a radar installed on the nose. That's the way it's shown in the WW instructions as well and yet in the pic above, it's got a standard nose.

I thought all the Gothic Serpent Blackhawks had a radar installed on the nose. That's the way it's shown in the WW instructions as well and yet in the pic above, it's got a standard nose.

We knew that some did have the radar installed and some did not, we just did not have a definite list. It was a bit of an oversight on our part.

I will correct the image and get Floyd a new pdf to make available if he would like.

Thanks for the pic LD! :thumbsup: One more to add to my pile of refs.

mason

We knew that some did have the radar installed and some did not, we just did not have a definite list. It was a bit of an oversight on our part.

I will correct the image and get Floyd a new pdf to make available if he would like.

Thanks for the pic LD! :thumbsup:/> One more to add to my pile of refs.

mason

I was interested also to see that Super 65 had no radar but I guess new photos are still coming to light as time goes on. Here is the only other photo of Super 65 that I have found.

soar061hg9_zps6361495a.jpg

Super 67 was also flown in the Mog with no radar. This small image is twenty one years old today!

0032Super67_zps83b8dff9.jpg

Here is another FLIR-only ship on the ground with Super 61 and as far as I can tell, it is neither Super 65 nor Super 67.

z_a0db7926_zps0f1d47d8.jpg

LD.

Thanks for the pic LD! :thumbsup:/> One more to add to my pile of refs.

mason

No worries, doesn't impact the accuracy of your most awesome decals. It was more of a curiosity on my part.

John