Eduard 1/48 Nieuport 17... a 3rd one!

thank you Sebastijan, i appreciate your comments (complimentstongue.gif) hope you have had a good time while looking at those Nieuports threads.(still one "active")

and i agree that those "aluminium dope" Nieuports looks nice...even nicer "in person" ...cos i have a hard time taking photos, optimal light conditions to get close-up of a silver colored subject is hard to achieve with my (rather low-cost) camera...

Mingwin,

I just noticed the Really Nice job you did on the cowling. That's a very metallic looking effect. Is that Alclad on a gloss black primer or something different? Is there a clear coat?

well... to be exact, yes, it's Alclad polished aluminium over a gloss black base (tamiya X-1 enamel) ...to be more precise... i have had to do some repair job after i drop CA glue on it, but since i at that point it was no option for me to stripe down the whole cowl (as it was already glued on place then), i did some sanding (till smooth enough) then, i put 2 or 3 light coat of alclad gloss klear (at least 1 all over the cowl) to "smoothen everything equal, then, i did some little touch ups of alclad polished aluminium (slowly and carefully), just to make things looks "right" ...the end result, for a repair job, is very satisfying. it is bright aluminium, but not "mirror"like...(that was not my intention, anyway) ...and no clear coat over! (to make it contrast a little with the aluminium dope color of the model, that is clear coated)

Edited by mingwin