I've checked the mail and I haven't seen them yet, but my wife likes to put my model things I get in the mail on the stairway "so I can take them upstairs when I go to my model room"

I'll ask her when I get home from work in the morning.

Tim

I looked yesterday on the stairway and I haven't seen anything. How small was it and what did it look like so I'll know when it comes. I don't want to get it mixed up with a package coming to me from sprue brothers.

Tim

Hey guys.  I know I haven't been around in a while, but, I may be of use here. 

My Dept. has gotten one Creek in 2015, and now just a couple weeks ago, a second one.  The first was a 95 model, and apparently the "new" one needs some work but has better component times.  I have taken "a few" pics of the current helo that we have.  It is a 206B3 vfr only. 

If you guys would like specifics, I sadly must tell you that the Creek is simply a JetRanger with, at most, military radios.  When they are given to LE agencies, the radios are taken out and the LE agencies have to put their own in.  That is the best explanation I have right now. 

We added high-skids to the first 206.  We are only now getting the second helo in annual, and I don't even know what N/serial number it is yet.

The orange is a gloss paint.  As is the white.  If it looks dull in pictures, it is because it hasn't been washed. 

35 minutes ago, BrittMac said:

Hey guys.  I know I haven't been around in a while, but, I may be of use here. 

My Dept. has gotten one Creek in 2015, and now just a couple weeks ago, a second one.  The first was a 95 model, and apparently the "new" one needs some work but has better component times.  I have taken "a few" pics of the current helo that we have.  It is a 206B3 vfr only. 

If you guys would like specifics, I sadly must tell you that the Creek is simply a JetRanger with, at most, military radios.  When they are given to LE agencies, the radios are taken out and the LE agencies have to put their own in.  That is the best explanation I have right now. 

We added high-skids to the first 206.  We are only now getting the second helo in annual, and I don't even know what N/serial number it is yet.

The orange is a gloss paint.  As is the white.  If it looks dull in pictures, it is because it hasn't been washed. 

Holy crap, man great to hear form you!  Were you at Maxwell for the airshow this year?

Ray

Unfortunately, I had to work and there were too many people off for other things, so no Maxwell for me.  Also, I am not able to take off for Tyndall.  Really bummed. 

But, I got my PPL and such a while ago and got to go down to Rucker (via KDHN).  I'd love to meet you down there one day.

I have a bunch of pics of our 206.  I wish that it was a "special" bird, but, other than the fact it was an Army bird, there isn't anything special other than the radios.  My higher ups say they plan to paint our birds in the future.  Who knows.

So, if we can meet up around Rucker one day, I'd be game.  I can fly myself down to Dothan, and either rent a car or meet up with you to go to Rucker. 

I fly out of Alabaster, KEET, so if you are ever up here, let me know and we will go flying somewhere.

Brittmac. Thanks for the offer to help. I think Ray doesn't like me anymore cause I've bugged him too much-Lol! I'll take any interior pics you can take. I have one particular request. In between the pilot seats, there is a map case and fire extinguisher mounted.

Can you get a few good pics of that area? The Testors model doesn't have any detail in that area.

Thanks!

Tim

Tim, I just found out from my Lt. that BOTH of our helos are 10 miles away at Bessemer.  Our first bird has just gone into annual and the new one is getting blade work (maybe) and radios/etc installed.  I'll ask my Lt. if he has any interior pics for now, but, it'll likely be a few days before I see the birds again.

I'll get it done, but, I'll get it when I can.

If it helps any, our birds never had the left rear seat installed.  Oddly.  Just three seats in them.

The 3 seat setup was standard on the TH-67. The right rear seat was occupied by a student pilot. 

Initially, a camera screen monitor was installed at the top and behind the right pilot seat so the student pilot not flying could watch the instruments on the panel from the rear seat. Apparently the monitor idea didn't work out so they removed it, but the casing for it was left installed.

Tim

On 4/18/2017 at 11:41 PM, BrittMac said:

Unfortunately, I had to work and there were too many people off for other things, so no Maxwell for me.  Also, I am not able to take off for Tyndall.  Really bummed. 

But, I got my PPL and such a while ago and got to go down to Rucker (via KDHN).  I'd love to meet you down there one day.

I have a bunch of pics of our 206.  I wish that it was a "special" bird, but, other than the fact it was an Army bird, there isn't anything special other than the radios.  My higher ups say they plan to paint our birds in the future.  Who knows.

So, if we can meet up around Rucker one day, I'd be game.  I can fly myself down to Dothan, and either rent a car or meet up with you to go to Rucker. 

I fly out of Alabaster, KEET, so if you are ever up here, let me know and we will go flying somewhere.

I'd definitely love to go flying some time.  I should have some time this summer to meet up at Rucker as well.  I'm glad i got to photograph some of the TH-67s before they left Rucker.  Do you happen to know the buzz numbers on the two birds you have?

Ray 

16 hours ago, rotorwash said:

I'd definitely love to go flying some time.  I should have some time this summer to meet up at Rucker as well.  I'm glad i got to photograph some of the TH-67s before they left Rucker.  Do you happen to know the buzz numbers on the two birds you have?

Ray 

I haven't seen the new bird yet, but, the first one is 24B.  Here is a pic I took when it first arrived.  The buzz numbers are gone and the Sheriff's logo is on it (it'll get painted sometime in the future).

501JS 24B.jpg

Just laying here in bed NOT modeling like I had planned to do tonight (we are babysitting the grandbaby while her mom and dad went on a vacation to Destin FL). There's something wrong with picture if you ask me, and I began to think. 

If the whole purpose of the orange, white and black colors on the Creek were for visibility as a training helicopter, then why isn't the TH-72 all colorful as well? It's the new IERW training helo? 

So why did the Army keep them in the helo drab color?

Just wondering???

Tim

PS- A orange creamsicle TH-72 would look cool I think. Hmmm, Revell did just release the new 1/32 scale Lakota!

Edited by hawkwrench

I asked my wife today and she said she hasn't seen a white envelope with a California address on it, but she said she will go back through the mail again to see if it's there.

IF!!! It is lost, don't worry about it because I know you still helped me out and that it's not your fault if it did get lost.  I'll ask her again in the morning and if need be, I'll go through everything that she's left on the stairway myself.

Tim

Edited by hawkwrench
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a couple pics of the fire extinguisher and map case.  I'd say map pouch, b/c it's leather and velcro'ed onto the helo between the seats.

However, the pics are 3mb and I don't think I can attach them here.  This sounds dumb, but, I just built this computer and haven't installed any photo editing software at all, so I can't resize them tonight.  Just got off work and have to be up at 4am tomorrow to go back. 

I can install something to resize them, or if you want to message me your email I can just forward them to you.

Brandon