Tiger Meet Group Build  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a Tiger Meet Group Build?

• Yes! I've got the eye of the tiger!
    • Meh...maybe...if the meet is tasty...
    • Nope...trigger that Tigger!

Chaps,

18 days till the tigers come out off the shelf and out of the box! I'm properly excited to be moding this awesome GB! So far I've got 2 builds lined up; 1/72 Hobby Boss A-7E in the famous Hellenic AF tiger scheme and Revell's 1/48 Rafale B in one of their tiger schemes. What about you guys? Let's here your proposed builds.

So far we have 3 prizes up on offer. 2 kits from my stash (Kinetic 1/48 F-5A Freedom Fighter and Hobby Boss 1//72 A-7P Corsair II) and a sheet from our proud sponsor Zotz (1/48 RNAF 313 Sqn 50 Year Anniversary Tiger Scheme). Hopefully TobiK can source us another prize!

So come on, which tiger are you building? Excitement builds!!! :woot.gif:

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain

Another sponsor on board! Many thanks to Danny & DACO Products. They'll be kicking in a prize for the GB as well! Many thanks also to co-mod TobiK for organising this. It's quite the prize list we've got going for this exciting GB. Only 12 days to go guys!!! Let us know what you prospose to build! Can't wait!

Hi Tiger Meet fans!

I have a bit of a problem that I could use some Mods guidance one for this GB. I tend to only do GBs on ARC and one other site. Mostly 'cause these two are my favorite sites in general and also the modelers on these sites are really friendly and welcoming. What does this have to do with the Tiger Meet GB? Well, the other site has a Tiger Meet GN starting on Jan. 1 also! I had committed to that build about a year or so ago before I knew about the ARC GB. Would it be possible to also post the progress of my Tiger Meet build in this GB? In other words, how does everyone feel on simultaneously posting the same build on two different modeling sites? I would not be able to work up two different Tiger Meet builds at the same time. I tend to only complete about 50% of my GB targets due to work (travel) and life in general not to mention being a slow modeler! I have other GBs in progress such as one now with my local IPMS model club so this does not leave much extra modeling time.

Hope this is acceptable to the Mods!

Have fun modeling

Mike

:cheers:/>

Oh yea, I am planning on doing one of the Swiss F-18 Tiger meet schemes.

Hello,

Can I join with an model already started?

The BAF F-104G 1978 tigermeet.

1/48 Hasegawa with Revell decals.

Grts Youri

Hi Youri,

Not too sure. Usually you're supposed to start on the designated date. How far into the model are you? Can some of the GB mods chime in here please?

Hi Tiger Meet fans!

I have a bit of a problem that I could use some Mods guidance one for this GB. I tend to only do GBs on ARC and one other site. Mostly 'cause these two are my favorite sites in general and also the modelers on these sites are really friendly and welcoming. What does this have to do with the Tiger Meet GB? Well, the other site has a Tiger Meet GN starting on Jan. 1 also! I had committed to that build about a year or so ago before I knew about the ARC GB. Would it be possible to also post the progress of my Tiger Meet build in this GB? In other words, how does everyone feel on simultaneously posting the same build on two different modeling sites? I would not be able to work up two different Tiger Meet builds at the same time. I tend to only complete about 50% of my GB targets due to work (travel) and life in general not to mention being a slow modeler! I have other GBs in progress such as one now with my local IPMS model club so this does not leave much extra modeling time.

Hope this is acceptable to the Mods!

Have fun modeling

Mike

:cheers:/>/>

Oh yea, I am planning on doing one of the Swiss F-18 Tiger meet schemes.

I don't see a problem with this Mike. Welcome aboard.

Hi Youri,

Not too sure. Usually you're supposed to start on the designated date. How far into the model are you? Can some of the GB mods chime in here please?

Well. the GB mod (you) has the final say as its your GB. However generally I ask for a photo showing how far along the build is. Normally (for me) cockpit started is fine. But if the fuselage is together that normally is too far along.

Hello,

My F-104G is at the decalling stage.

So I Will try to find another participant for the GB.

Greets, Youri

Yeah that's a bit too far along Youri. You've got six months so plenty of time to get another model done. You can start anytime during the six months as long as the model is done before 30th of June. Feel free to post a pic of the F-104 on this thread just to get the juices flowing! Welcome aboard mate! :thumbsup:

Edited by Crazy Snap Captain