1/48 Revell F-15E reissue (?)

Boy if it's not updated you should feel silly for shelling out $60 USD.

Aaron

I hardly think that anyone living outside of Japan will buy it at that price, especially for a non-Japanese brand.

Hobbyeasy, LuckyModel, or other stores would definitely have it for much cheaper.

Hobbyeasy, LuckyModel, or other stores would definitely have it for much cheaper.

Or in the US, places like Michael's or Hobby Lobby sell this kit,and it regularly has at least a 40% off coupon. If you can get to one of those stores, its definitely the way to go for a Revell Strike Eagle

Or in the US, places like Michael's or Hobby Lobby sell this kit,and it regularly has at least a 40% off coupon. If you can get to one of those stores, its definitely the way to go for a Revell Strike Eagle

You mean the original kit in the Revell USA box. The original kit in Revell of Germany box had number 04550. The "new" kit is 04891, so it looks like it is in some way modified release. Maybe just new decals, but maybe some new parts as well. I have no idea if this new kit will also be available in Revell USA box.

Looking at the pic in the link, and if that is from Revell, it seems this [re-issue] kit will have different decals, that being they will be from the 'heath, and hopefully this offering will have more weapons and be similar to the Academy release with regard to weapons included; however the Revell kits are much more accurate and all know it is the best in scale if not best of all. It is a true "E" though some upgrades are required for an up-to-date Strike Eagle.

I'm hoping for a modified/updated kit, but not holding my breath. The molds are getting a little long in the tooth, so it would be good if they cleaned those up a bit and added new pods and ordnance to it. Like was said, if they did that, there would be no competition in 1/48 for a "true" Mudhen.

Aaron

Have you seen this? Dunno if it answers any questions.......

http://www.hyperscale.com/2014/galleries/f15e48dw_1.htm

kc

Based on the pix in the link the decals are basically the same, MO bird, however the GBU', slammers, are added as with the original boxing the only weapons offered were 4 'winders, and the gasbags.

Nope. If it is indeed the ProModeller re-boxing as that preview said, it will be nothing new. Everything shown there came with the original release of the ProModeller. The GBU-15's, the AN/AXQ-14 Data Link Pod, the AIM-120's (and inaccurate launchers) and GBU-10's. I'm sadly disappointed. They missed the boat on this one. As I said, if they clean up the molds, that will be good, but that is the only good thing I can see coming out of this re-release. The weapons are not up to par in comparison with those found in the Academy and Tamiya kits already out, so you gain nothing there.

Aaron

i was have a RoG original release and US Revell release - and both haven't bombs - only AIM-9 and tanks... It is still a best F-15E in this scale... no ?

The GBU-15s are inaccurate.

The AN/AXQ-14 is nice

The GBU-10s are ok

The kit still needs an update set for the AIM-120 rails and the -229 intakes!!!!

Thank you Revell, but I honestly can not congratulate you, if you had updated the molds you would have made quite a few more sales on recommendations alone, as it is it is no real different to the kit that is still out there.

Shame really, it could have been the best.

The GBU-15s are inaccurate.

The AN/AXQ-14 is nice

The GBU-10s are ok

The kit still needs an update set for the AIM-120 rails and the -229 intakes!!!!

Thank you Revell, but I honestly can not congratulate you, if you had updated the molds you would have made quite a few more sales on recommendations alone, as it is it is no real different to the kit that is still out there.

Shame really, it could have been the best.

I haven't built one (I'm primarily a Navy guy), but I was always under the impression that the Revell kit was the best 1:48 F-15E on the market. (I built the Hasegawa 1:72 kit years ago and know that was basically a F-15B with some bomb racks included.) If not the Revell kit, then what's the best option in 1:48th?

Mark

Edited by redcorvette

I haven't built one (I'm primarily a Navy guy), but I was always under the impression that the Revell kit was the best 1:48 F-15E on the market. (I built the Hasegawa 1:72 kit years ago and know that was basically a F-15B with some bomb racks included.) If not the Revell kit, then what's the best option in 1:48th?

Mark

It still is, they are just venting that Revell didn't update the kit.

Actually, Hasegawa just revised their F-15E. They included new parts for the weapons pylons to make a more accurate F-15E. As a minimum it's at least up,to standards if the Revell release.