1/48 Revell F-15E reissue (?)

I haven't built one (I'm primarily a Navy guy), but I was always under the impression that the Revell kit was the best 1:48 F-15E on the market. (I built the Hasegawa 1:72 kit years ago and know that was basically a F-15B with some bomb racks included.) If not the Revell kit, then what's the best option in 1:48th?

Mark

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the kit at all, it is without doubt the best F-15E on the market today.

IF

You want a ODS era SJ bird without AIM-120 missiles and no accurate option to build an LN or MO jet.

IF

You want an accurate LN jet or anything close to modern then you will need one or two update sets to bring it up to scratch.

Doesnt have AIM-120 launch rails

-P229 engine intakes

modern accurate weapons

The problem is the kit really needs an update, even for my selected model time frame the kit needs an update, and I would only build to the early 1990s jets.

It only really needed an extra sprue to do it too, nothing like as much as Academy have done of late and actually updated their molds to make the details of the kit better.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the kit at all, it is without doubt the best F-15E on the market today.

IF

You want a ODS era SJ bird without AIM-120 missiles and no accurate option to build an LN or MO jet.

IF

You want an accurate LN jet or anything close to modern then you will need one or two update sets to bring it up to scratch.

Doesnt have AIM-120 launch rails

-P229 engine intakes

modern accurate weapons

The problem is the kit really needs an update, even for my selected model time frame the kit needs an update, and I would only build to the early 1990s jets.

It only really needed an extra sprue to do it too, nothing like as much as Academy have done of late and actually updated their molds to make the details of the kit better.

Not much needed to update? Shimmy reducer can be made from sprue, 229 cooling air intakes forCFT's and LAU-128' launchers.....

Still it's the MOST accurate 15 on the market.....

For anyone wanting an accurate modern F-15E I refer you to look at this,http://www.zone-five.net/showthread.php?t=464

And also have a look at Jake Melampy's excellent Modern Eagle Guide.

Take a look at contributors to Jake's Modern Eagle Guide...

Cheers

Dave Whalen

For we, the great unwashed, what are -229 intakes? I know it got to do with the -229 engine, but that's about all I know.

229 engined aircraft have intakes on the side of the CFT's, with the CFT's installed the cooling scoop on the side of the CFT's did not supply the engine with enough ambient cooling air.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=175501

Man I wish this was easier to find. It talks about the difference of the kits (including the ProModeller kit and the fact that it has the various weapons in it, and the inaccuracies there-of) and the need to use the aux air scoops when modeling a -229 engined jet. They've always been there, and they are included in the directions, you just have to know a little bit of F-15E history to know what aircraft to put them on (I explain that in the article as well) and what aircraft to not to.

Aaron

Hi, i Review Revell of Germany kits for my site and i can confirm that this is exactley the same as the last RoG boxing but with a different decal sheet, no new parts at all im afraid

Were the decals done by DACO ?