Good (not necessarily best) F-15C in 1/72?

Academy's aren't too bad, and can be found cheaper than Hasegawa. Academy has the added benefit of providing two intake-position alternatives. The Esci/AMT kit is also not too bad, but not as accurate or detailed as Hase or Aca kits.

Hasegawa has old and new tool Eagles. The old tool has raised lines. Just what Paul wrote, the Academy kit is a good alternative to the new Hasegawa tool.

If you want an Academy F-15C, I've got one left over. It has been started by the previous owner (not as bad as your B-52), but I will check it for part integrity.

You know how to reach me.

Academy's new 1/72 F-15C has newer parts to build a MSIP bird, including the newer missile rails and AIM-120Cs and AIM-9Xs. I heard that the fit is not so good.

The Hobbyboss Eagles are very easy to build but are simplified and come with no weapons, and they only come with the turkey feather exhausts. Very affordable though, even cheaper than the Academy in some places.

Academy's aren't too bad, and can be found cheaper than Hasegawa. Academy has the added benefit of providing two intake-position alternatives. The Esci/AMT kit is also not too bad, but not as accurate or detailed as Hase or Aca kits.

I don't know which came first but the Academy and Esci/AMT kits are Very Similar in scribing and parts breakdown. I suspect Academy started with the Esci/AMT molds and added the intake trunks.

I don't know which came first but the Academy and Esci/AMT kits are Very Similar in scribing and parts breakdown. I suspect Academy started with the Esci/AMT molds and added the intake trunks.

IMHO the AMT has much better detailed wheels. However, I am not sure how close to the real thing they are, but they look better than the Academy wheels.

Another point for Academy intakes is that they are I think full lenght while Hasegawa ones if they have not updated theirs are short

I've built a few Hasegawa "C" and 1 Academy "E" (more like a "D", apparently). If Academy's "E"/"D" is any indication of their "C", it should be easier to build than Hasegawa's. Hasegawa's Eagles are a b*&(# to build.

I don't like the way Academy has split the front fuselage horizontally ( very similar to ESCI, iirc). I believe others have also commented on the "step" that occurs on the spine when the front fuselage assembly is mated to the main fuselage.

Also, wrt panel lines, Hase's seem more crisp & cleaner than Acad's

I don't like the way Academy has split the front fuselage horizontally ( very similar to ESCI, iirc). I believe others have also commented on the "step" that occurs on the spine when the front fuselage assembly is mated to the main fuselage.

Also, wrt panel lines, Hase's seem more crisp & cleaner than Acad's

From memory, the front and main fuselage break down is virtually identical between Hase and Acad. But then again... it's been a few years since I built my Academy E/D.

As far as panel lines go, yes I agree. Hase's are crisper and cleaner.