Hi all,

Here are some of my in progress pictures of the Academy Su-27UB.

The kit is ready to be clear coated in preparation for the decals.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

I hope you like them.

Juan

Edited by solher1

Cool, what markings are you planning on doing.

I will use a Red 64 from the Russian Navy, Chkalovsk AB (Kaliningrad) which was repainted with an eagle motif on the fail fin and with eagle eyes and mouth.

Keep posted for the next pictures in few days.

Thank you.

Juan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Here are some more pictures of my Academy Su-27UB with markings and stencils. I used Linden Hill Flankers on Patrol 3 and Begemot stencils. I must admit that putting all those stencils took a lot of time, but I believe it was worthy. The set is really recommended. The Linden Hill decals are great too.

The next step is another layer of clear  in preparation for the weathering. Stay tuned.

I hope you like them.

Juan

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

15.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

Edited by solher1

Wow!! Decaling and some weathering really makes a huge difference. Looks absolutely fantastic.

Joel

Hi Joel,

I have not applied any weathering yet besides pre-shade and pos-shade, I will do the weathering after I apply a layer of clear on top of the decals.

Thanks.

Juan

Juan, that's looking very good. I like the work you've done in the pits too, very sharp. What scale is it? You'll have to pardon my ignorance if the scale is "common knowledge", I am a newbie to these forums and I am only just starting to appreciate the attractiveness of blue Russian aircraft.

Juan, that's looking very good. I like the work you've done in the pits too, very sharp. What scale is it? You'll have to pardon my ignorance if the scale is "common knowledge", I am a newbie to these forums and I am only just starting to appreciate the attractiveness of blue Russian aircraft.

I am sorry I did not post the scale assuming everybody would know it is a 1/48 scale.

Thank you for your comments.

Juan

• 2 weeks later...

Great work Juan.

Loved your choice of decals.

I'd like to know what aftermarket goodies did you used if any?

thanks,

Ernie A.

Hi Ernie,

So far, I have used Neomega cockpit, Miniarm resin cone, but soon I will use Eduard wheels and missiles, among others.

Thank you.

Juan

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Here are new photos of in progress 1/48 Academy Su-27UB. Now the Flanker is almost complete with only missiles, antennas, exhausts and maybe ladders to call it complete.

Since the previous pictures, I highlighted the panel lines, applied some weathering. The final semi-gloss clear coat is still needed too.

Feel free to comment and I hope you like them.

Juan

21.JPG

22.JPG

23.JPG

24.JPG

25.JPG

26.JPG

27.JPG

28.JPG

29.JPG

With all the superb Flankers being done by folks here, and this one is no exception..I'm somewhat nervous about doing mine. Your work does nothing but makes family model Flankers look gooooooooddd!!!. Very nice work with the bare metal :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: and git-r-dun!!.