Theoretically anyone's FS16473 should look like anyone else's 16473. I find all of them to need lightening up with white to prevent models from looking far too dark. My personal favorite is the custom mix I made from Tamiya with a semi-gloss sheen.

You would want to avoid the Aeromaster Aircraft Gray, though. (just in case you saw the Ebay listing and buy some paint from there)

Aeromaster's is almost the color of Sky Type S, but greener

Weighing in on this one... I've just finished another Meng F-102A using Xtracolor's 16473 but I originally painted the ailerons using Precision Paint's equivalent.

Not only are they two completely different colors, but NEITHER is anywhere near the FS595 chip!

I use Model Masters for all my F-106s. It gives them a smooth glossy coat. Since I've never seen a A.D.C. F-4 in person, only 102s and 106s, how glossy were they?

There was an F4C on static display in Klamuth Falls OR when I was out there working for Uncle Sam. I always liked the Bald Eagle on the tail. I will be using Tamiyas F4C/D started before 9/11 but never finished. A custom decal sheet was ruined in a flooded basement thanks to hurricane Irene. I found it again on a sheet by Carcal.

Thanks for the help guys I will be checking the local hobby shop fpr paint.

TC

Edited by Tankcommander