How to clean resin parts

Water and dish washing detergent, same as plastic. One assembled, I also prepare the part/model for painting with a quick isopropyl swab using qtips or paper towels.

Always make sure you place the resin bits in precisely the right position when using CA. I've even had the thicker/slower stuff set up in·stant·ly...

BTW, if you're using the Aires wheel wells, be prepared to greatly thin down both the plastic and resin.

Edited by David N Lombard

Water and dish washing detergent, same as plastic. One assembled, I also prepare the part/model for painting with a quick isopropyl swab using qtips or paper towels.

Always make sure you place the resin bits in precisely the right position when using CA. I've even had the thicker/slower stuff set up in·stant·ly...

BTW, if you're using the Aires wheel wells, be prepared to greatly thin down both the plastic and resin.

Thanks for the reply! I opted for the Vector Wheel wells. The only Aires piece is the cockpit which I think is a pig to fit.

I used to use acetone on resin parts, there are so many release agents now its hard to keep track of who uses what but acetone removes them all.

Acetone and a soft brush should encourage the release agent to give up its hold.

Air dry (wont take but a few seconds and try not to touch it as finger oils can be just as bad on a resin piece that has just been stripped of any dirty.

A shot of Badger (also SprayCraft) airbrush cleaner, the rattlecan variety. This is practically a WMD on plastic, but PUR seems immune. It will shift anything (with a little help from a soft toothbrush around the details), but dries quickly so a sloosh in warm water immediately afterwards to stop any 'tide marks' is in order.

Like Tririus, I use Simple Green and water, and gently scrub with an old toothbrush.

Beware of using dish soap as most have some sort of lotion added (I had paint adhesion problems until I switched to Simple Green).

Mike