Classic Airframes relive?

It says "exclusive to Hannants" on their website

The last time this happened it was a box of Classic Airframes kits that Hannants said they'd "found" in a stocktake. Unlikely though that sounds, it may still be more likely than CA actually starting production again.

On the other hand, the box art is unfamiliar. If CA is back, you'll need to form a queue behind me for the Fokker G.I they promised a few years ago.

Admittedly, it's a pretty long shot. But a return to the Golden Age would be welcome -especially if a resurrected CA were to continue with the Banshee line-up! A solid 3/4 in 1/48 would be awesome; I'd even get in line behind seán...!

I'm not going to bet my house on this but, If I remember correctly Classic Airframes needed some help and Hannants forwarded them some money. For that help Classic Airframes started that series of UK aircraft that (don't throw stones at me) started the death spiral of CA. Hannants probably has control of some or all of the CA molds and are testing the waters with some reissues.

The Classic Airframes were all produced by MPM in the Czech republic and the molds in what ever condition they are should have survived. He and I used to compete quite a bit when I had HiPM and we tried to beat each other to the punch on the P-51H. I think you will see some of those molds being re-issued in the future.

Probably David Hannant picking up the tab on this one in connection with some full size Mk. I being restored or such. This was probably done with CA's consent, but not by CA. Hannants never advanced CA money, other than for pre-orders.

CA will not come back on its own. Jules may get a small cut of others using his molds.

I hope this one has the new wheel wells. The original kit was a bear of a bad girl.

Edited by bigjugs

The Walrus is also being re-released through Special Hobby. The Anson also got released a couple of years ago. Looks like MPM is going to slowly leak them back onto the market. Just have to hope the Meteors, Hudson, and Defiants are on that list to be brought back

I personally think it has to do with the new tool 1/72 Blenheim Mk.I from Airfix and the popularity it enjoyed in the UK market.

Hannants' own Blenheim decal sheet was at the top of their best seller list for a solid 10-12 days; along with the kit. With all the interest in Blenheim from the modeling press and aftermarket companies; it was a good time to re-release the 1/48 kit and Hannants seem to have capitalized on that. It's a pretty smart move; hopefully they will re-release some of the other kits in Jules' portfolio over time.

Edited by KursadA