Oh how I wished this had actually happened

What's the date of that website page release?

Last Fall?

BTW; Sounds like you're a BUFF fan like me:

I'm patiently waiting for a multi-media (Vacuform, resin, white metal) 1/48th scale B-52A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/RB-52B/NB-52A to come out.

Hopefully by this Christmas. Here's the company:

http://www.sangereng...k/boeing_52.htm

I'm on the waiting list (Since last Sept.) to purchase two kits. I'm interested in building a B-52D Viet Nam era variant and a B-52H ODT to present era variant.

I'm patiently waiting for a multi-media (Vacuform, resin, white metal) 1/48th scale B-52A/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/RB-52B/NB-52A to come out.

Hopefully by this Christmas. Here's the company:

http://www.sangereng...k/boeing_52.htm

I'm on the waiting list (Since last Sept.) to purchase two kits. I'm interested in building a B-52D Viet Nam era variant and a B-52H ODT to present era variant.

The "forthcoming" Sanger 1:48 B-52 has been an ongoing future release on Sanger's website for several years now. It may get released one day (their 1:48 B-47 eventually did) but I am not holding my breath for it. Sanger have also been promising a 1:48 Vulcan, Victor and Valiant for almost the same length of time.

I have an old ID Models 1:48 B-52 vac in the stash that may see the light of day sooner than the Sanger kit.

:cheers:

Darius

The "forthcoming" Sanger 1:48 B-52 has been an ongoing future release on Sanger's website for several years now. It may get released one day (their 1:48 B-47 eventually did) but I am not holding my breath for it. Sanger have also been promising a 1:48 Vulcan, Victor and Valiant for almost the same length of time.

I have an old ID Models 1:48 B-52 vac in the stash that may see the light of day sooner than the Sanger kit.

271.gif

Darius

Wow; Didn't know it's been a 'soon-to-be-released' for that long!

Thanks for the heads up.

Even if I bought and received one tomorrow, I wouldn't start building it for at least a year or two.

Now if it were a 1/32nd scale F-111 I was waiting for; that would be a different story!

What's the date of that website page release?

it'a at the bottom of the page:

Text Copyright © 2003 by AMtech

Page Created 31 January, 2003

Last updated 15 August, 2003

Amtech was a joke from day 1. The owner was a look at me look at me,I am important please notice guy. Big plans not much follow through. The only in they (he) had was they knew what hadn't been released by AMT and leased the molds and had a few minor parts tooled up. The exception was the huckbien which was a new tool. But was tooled from inexpensive aluminum and had a limited life span.

Yes, this was back in 2003 when they announced it. I was desperately waiting for their P-61 kits to come out as well as their F-15 Reporter. We had to wait like ten years for the GWH P-61 to happen. I have two more H models to build as well as the BMD set for it. I'm not really used to working with resin, but as I like the subject so much, I went ahead and bought the set to use one day. Maybe when my skills get better. I'm trying to learn to scratchbuild some of the parts like the antenna farm under the aircraft as I think that would be the hardest part for me. My last three were built oob. I have several of the AMT C-135's waiting to be built as well. I would even venture out to 1/144 scale if a new tool H-model were produced. I'm not sure, but I think that the Revell kit is about the closest thing to a modern BUFF, so I might go that route.

Amtech was a joke from day 1. The owner was a look at me look at me,I am important please notice guy. Big plans not much follow through. The only in they (he) had was they knew what hadn't been released by AMT and leased the molds and had a few minor parts tooled up. The exception was the huckbien which was a new tool. But was tooled from inexpensive aluminum and had a limited life span.

Versus your experience in the model kit business, I assume? Perhaps you don't know the entire story (and I guarantee you don't). Perhaps, just possibly, there were things like family issues and health issues involved?

Edited by Jennings

Jennings there always are problems pertaining to health and family when things like this come to an end, otherwise they wouldnt come to an end.

With the success of the EC-135 kit the bank would fall over themselves to support another, especially back in 03.

Im surprised you havent done anything about it, with all your talk about it being a waste of time and watching all these people over the years paying for the B-52 and KC-135 kits.

A man with a talent like yours and with the amount of people you know in the industry must have some kind of pull after all these years.

Versus your experience in the model kit business, I assume? Perhaps you don't know the entire story (and I guarantee you don't). Perhaps, just possibly, there were things like family issues and health issues involved?

Lets say I don't know half the story. Lets say I know the whole story. I also know where he is and what happened to the remaining stock of Amtech kits. I don't know why you are so arrogant that you think you know everything about everything. So don't assume I don't know anything. You are always taking jabs at people assuming they aren't as smart as the great Heilig Jennings, Oh wait you are just like big Al, my apologies. You have know idea what I know or don't know about the plastic business or any other business for that matter. And perhaps you don't know the lies that were put forth to cover up the real reasons why Amtech was failing. I do, so maybe I know more than the great Heilig Jennings does on a subject, wait how can that be? Perhaps I spent a great deal of time at Amtech world headquarters, perhaps I know all the people that did the box art, that built the kits in the photos, did the illustrations for the directions, did the boxing, the ties with Three Guys Replicas, maybe I can name all the people involved. Don't tell me I don't know half the story.

I don't know why you are so arrogant that you think you know everything about everything.

Funny, that's exactly what I thought when I read your posting.

Edited by Jennings

Oh his snide remarks are endless. On every forum you can't get away from them. I read a lot about How awesome and wonderful He is,of course it's written by his own hand. So I guess that makes it true. I think maybe if a person blows his own horn long enough he believes it eventually. Is it written somewhere that if you get a high enough post count they knight you? Or perhaps make you a god among men? I am sure it's written on the internet somewhere and if it's on the internet it has to be true, says so on the internet.

This thread went south fairly quickly.

Back in the world of modelling enjoyment, as opposed to what Mr Heilig thinks of it and what others think of him, I noticed that an "Eriksson" 1:48 resin Avro Vulcan kit has popped up on eBay (pricey but not as much as the Aeroclub kit goes for on its rare appearances). I wonder if a Victor will be appearing in the future...

:cheers:

Darius

Edited by Darius at home