Hasegawa 1/72 B-47

Two things:

1. First and foremost, the link assumes that drawings are correct. That is a *very* bad assumption. **Very** bad.

2. Name another 1/72 B-47 kit that's better than Hasegawa's.

I sold my B-47 years ago when I figured that I will never get around to building it. Then I find some new info on the B-47B that was used to test the Canadian Iroquois engine. Now I need to go get one again.

Also a decal sheet was released for the Canadian scheme. Only issue I saw was that the Hasegawa kit is an "E" while the test aircraft was a "B". Fror my initial research it looks like a moderate amount of effort to convert to the "B" but not fully sure what is involved as of yet. My hunt continues.

Also a decal sheet was released for the Canadian scheme. Only issue I saw was that the Hasegawa kit is an "E" while the test aircraft was a "B". Fror my initial research it looks like a moderate amount of effort to convert to the "B" but not fully sure what is involved as of yet. My hunt continues.

Chris...If you are talking about the Warbird sheet with Canadian markings, one can see an error just by looking at the sheet. The Roundels are modern 11 point Maple Leafs which are of course wrong. Maybe the other markings are worth it to you but I'll pass on $19.99 decals that are wrong, especially when you see the guy's postage rates. Canmilair does a sheet too but again expensive for what you get as most of the markings can come from generic Canadian sheets. I have the kit too and did some research and believe the conversion is not too hard but haven't actually touched the kit.

Cheers

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN

Chris...If you are talking about the Warbird sheet with Canadian markings, one can see an error just by looking at the sheet. The Roundels are modern 11 point Maple Leafs which are of course wrong. Maybe the other markings are worth it to you but I'll pass on $19.99 decals that are wrong, especially when you see the guy's postage rates. Canmilair does a sheet too but again expensive for what you get as most of the markings can come from generic Canadian sheets. I have the kit too and did some research and believe the conversion is not too hard but haven't actually touched the kit.

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Bruce

Thanks for the info. I already have the sheet as I managed to pick it up a few years ago at one of the US conventions. I thought something was wrong with the sheet but could not put my eyes on it, thanks for that. If it is just the roundels, I am sure I can get the correct period ones from Canuck Decals. I also have an article in RT where the builder did this conversion.

I also broached the subject with Mike West from Lone Star about doing the engine and pylon but I think I should give Mike Belcher a call and see if he is willing.

From my first brush through the reference, to make a B it looks like the panels are different and there are some shape differences in the vertical fin. I think I will contact the builder in RT and see what he says.

Thanks