CRJ-100 1./144 BigPlanesKIts

Hi,

It looks like a very nice kit, and I'm looking foreward to buy them.

Is it possible to ask what your next 1/144 project will be ?

My votes would go to an DHC-8 series !

Happy modelling,

Ruben

www.lndecals.com

I second and third that

Stephen :rolleyes:/>

Hi,

It looks like a very nice kit, and I'm looking foreward to buy them.

Is it possible to ask what your next 1/144 project will be ?

My votes would go to an DHC-8 series !

Happy modelling,

Ruben

www.lndecals.com

Oh, a 1/144 Dash-8-100 would make me very, very happy!!! I would think there is an underrepresented market for injection-molded regional airliners. I'd love to also see a 1/144 ERJ-145, CRJ-700/900, E-190 and the more common turboprops from back in the day, like the SAAB-340, EMB-120, Jetstream, and ATR.

Ben

and V-1 decals too!

Stephen

I actually checked their site when I saw the decal post. I am sure he will have some soon. Great decals.

I think I may have to buy a kit of this...and I hope that he does do a Dash-8 100/300 kit. I have the 400 already!!

Sean

Great news! Looks like an awesome kit and I see my preferred hobby supplier already has it in stock.

Funny thing about the much praised transparent kit parts though: what I like most about airliner modelling, is the fact that I don't have to go through the nerve wracking process of window masking! I suck at it at my helicopter modelling and get extremely relaxed when I can just slap around some window decals to get better results than I could ever accomplish with masking.

So here's the rather disrespectful question: anyone know of a separate 1:144 decalsheet that has windows (also cockpit windows) for the CRJ100/ 200?

TIA!

Gertjan

Edited by GeejeeZ

I think Draw Decal has a sheet with wind screen decals for the Challenger 601 and 604. Can be used for the CRJ also. If anyone needs some references on the CRJ-200 let me know. I see a couple a day.

Geejeez, Nazca decals has a full detail sheet for the CRJ that includes windows: Link I used hem on my Welsh kit, and they look great, but the clear parts of the film had a faint grey tint, so they show up on the white background of the model. I don't know if it was a problem with just my decal sheet or if it was an artifact of the printing process.

Emvar, I might have to take you up on your offer. Back in 1999 or 2000, I shot 3 rolls of film on one our Midway CRJs and have since managed to misplace both the prints and the negatives. Still haven't found them! :bandhead2:

Ben

Just for the record - BPK went to a fairly large amount of effort to include clear windows done in a way that makes them actually *look* like airliner windows. The chunks of quartz that Airfix used to give you never did it for me, but the BPK approach is *much* better and can result in very nice looking clear windows.

Just for the record - BPK went to a fairly large amount of effort to include clear windows done in a way that makes them actually *look* like airliner windows. The chunks of quartz that Airfix used to give you never did it for me, but the BPK approach is *much* better and can result in very nice looking clear windows.

I might actually have a go at clear windows this time, then. I'll just have to resist the temptation to add throttles, speed brake handle, crash ax, fire extinguisher, etc. :D

Ben

I'll just have to resist the temptation to add throttles, speed brake handle, crash ax, fire extinguisher, etc. :D

No you shouldn't, I think over-detailing a cockpit is one of the most fun parts of modeling. And if you keep the colours light enough you will actually see quite a lot through the CRJ's large windows. Do they have sliding side windows, btw?

No you shouldn't, I think over-detailing a cockpit is one of the most fun parts of modeling. And if you keep the colours light enough you will actually see quite a lot through the CRJ's large windows. Do they have sliding side windows, btw?

Oh no! I have a bad enough time with 1/48 cockpits! :D

I wish the CRJ did have sliding side windows. They would have been great on sunny spring or fall mornings.

Ben

Emvar, I might have to take you up on your offer. Back in 1999 or 2000, I shot 3 rolls of film on one our Midway CRJs and have since managed to misplace both the prints and the negatives. Still haven't found them! :bandhead2:/>

Ben

Let me know I'll try my best.

Emil

My CRJ just arrived. Very nice kit!!! BPK definitely has a winner, here. I can't wait to get started on it. The only thing I see that's missing from the kit are the fiberglass buckets the main gear wheels fit into when they're retracted. I'm trying to resist the urge to test-fit anything, because if I do, I'm sure I'll end up building the model today instead of working. :D

Victorias, can you tell us what exactly is wrong with the injection-molded vertical stabilizer that you needed to include the resin one. I can't see any difference between the two parts, nor can I see anything wrong with the plastic part. Do I need to get my reading glasses changed?

Now, can you pleeeeeeeease do a 1/144 ERJ-145? And, maybe a CRJ-700. And a Dash-8-100. And....

Ben

Useless trivia: I think it was even possible to have both a CF34-3A1 (the CRJ-100's engine) and a CF34-3B1 (the -200's engine) on the same airplane. I think the only differences between the 2 versions of the jet were some engine temperature limits.

I am really looking forward to building this kit! :woot.gif:/>

Ben

Ben

The practice is called "inter mix". The performance calculations were based on the 3A1 engine data rather than 3B1, assuming a worse case scenario of the 3B1 engine failing

Ben

The practice is called "inter mix". The performance calculations were based on the 3A1 engine data rather than 3B1, assuming a worse case scenario of the 3B1 engine failing

Thanks! I haven't flown a CRJ since 2003, but the mention of different engines jogged that little bit of trivia loose from my foggy memory. Funny how that happens. :D

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered mine directly from BPK, and received it in under 3 weeks. it was shipped in a bubble envelope, with the box unfolded included; It was a nice touch to keep shipping costs down. The kit was in excellent shape with only the clear nose piece coming off its sprue.

Now I just need some JAZZ decals.

Sean