We have a term for what happened: "Couging it" in reference to the Washington State University Cougars, who are reknowned for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

It's comforting to see the Seahawks re-embracing a prestigious Washington State tradition. 70.gif

What??

That's not a deflate as much as a flat-out pop. But it was probably the best thing that could have happened to the Patriots.... Seahawks lost to the Pats defense and no controversy over Brady.

We'll be back.

Holy crap that was a good game.

Must have been 2 games today...

upzlim6ybira8y2qnnrt.jpg

Prophetic

And then the extra classy fight at the end??

Holy crap which 12th Man thinks that was a good game? 10 point lead? 1 timeout, 2nd down, half a foot to go

wat do??

If thats a "good game" I have some bad news for you. Jesus that was pants on head, clown shoes stupid, and there had better be some serious "WTF?!" questions raised by the 12th man.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Hey man, that was a great game.

I'm sitting here this evening watching with a house full of folks...very few of which are Pats fans. Two of them are High School football coaches and both are shaking their heads at that play call. I think that speaks volumes.

Well, well, well..

We've got a lot to talk about tonight...

First of all -

The Patriots played poorly. They should have beaten SEA by at least a couple of TD's. That being said, it was great to see the Hawks completely loose their composure at the end and show themselves for what they really are.

Secondly (and I think we all now can agree on this)-

The Hoodie is the best coach in the history of the NFL

Brady is the best QB in the history of the NFL

Patriots are the best team in the history of the NFL

Lastly -

Carroll should be fired for making that horrible call. That will undoubtedly go down as the worst decision in the history of the game. Dude, you got Marshawn Lynch, why the hell would you even think about throwing the ball?

Normally I try to be a good sport about winning but having to listen to all the BS over the last few weeks about how the Pats got to where they are due to cheating (and let's all wait for "deflategate" to fade away due to no evidence whatsoever), I'll send this out to to all the ARC haters (and you know who you are). This one's for you boys:

10930900_10153567136540288_693622189094685439_n_zpse1724de3.jpg.

Edited by 11bee

Hey man, that was a great game.

I'm sitting here this evening watching with a house full of folks...very few of which are Pats fans. Two of them are High School football coaches and both are shaking their heads at that play call. I think that speaks volumes.

a 9 year old who has played Madden casually knows that was stupid.

Well, well, well..

First of all -

The Patriots played poorly. They should have beaten SEA by at least a couple of TD's. That being said, it was great to see the Hawks completely loose their composure at the end and show themselves for what they really are.

Lastly -

Carroll should be fired for making that horrible call. That will undoubtedly go down as the worst decision in the history of the game. Dude, you got Marshawn Lynch, why the hell would you even think about throwing the ball?

Normally I try to be a good sport about winning but having to listen to all the BS over the last few weeks about how the Pats got to where they are due to cheating (and let's all wait for "deflategate" to fade away due to no evidence whatsoever), I'll send this out to to all the ARC haters (and you know who you are). This one's for you boys:

See? Thanks Hawks. There is no "holy crap good game" or "we will get them next year guys!" 12th man BS

That just cemented the Pats legacy, because the Hawks are too stupid to run the guy that Hawks fans have been saying for years was the best in the game? seriously? EARTHQUAKE BEAST MODE And after all the Hawk smack talk? Seahawks fans should be disgusted. I'm disgusted with them and that performance.

I hope someone jams a mike in Sherman's face and we get the real deal. It would be a true shame to see a douche like that humbled at this moment. The whole world is wondering why and how the Hawks gave that game away

Thanks a lot morons.

And deflategate is going to go away because the NFL would rather have a team with 4 championships stand than try and undue what is considered the finest embodiment of their product. Just as I said. Why would they undermine their own product?

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Man, you guys are a classy bunch tonight.

It was a good game - look at how close the final score was and how down to the wire the winner was decided. After all of the whining over last year's super bowl I expected better of you.

Look at how much time was left on the clock, and look at how many time outs the Patriots still had. There was still plenty of time for New England to turn around and score again - look at what happened after that last New England touch down. They left too much time on the clock for the Seahawks almost lost the game because of it. Seattle was trying to work the clock down to prevent the same in return, and they made a bad decision.

You can't base an entire game on one bad plan at the end.

Edited by Tracy White

Well, well, well..

First of all -

He is still a cheat.

Montana is still the best QB in the NFL's history

Until you have 7 Lombardis in your display case, that honor (and believe me it causes me physical g-d pain to say this) still belongs to the Steelers

Lastly -

I agree whole heartedly on this one.

It was a good game - look at how close the final score was and how down to the wire the winner was decided. After all of the wining over last year's super bowl I expected better of you.

Look at how much time was left on the clock, and look at how many time outs the Patriots still had. There was still plenty of time for New England to turn around and score again - look at what happened after that last New England touch down. They left too much time on the clock for the Seahawks almost lost the game because of it. Seattle was trying to work the clock down to prevent the same in return, and they made a bad decision.

You can't base an entire game on one bad plan at the end.

Why would you THROW to the ENDZONE to "work the clock down"?? If he catches it its a touchdown, clock stops, if he drops it/incomplete clock stops, if its picked the game is over, and the clock doesn't matter.

?????????

Traditionally you run the clock down by Running the Football. If Lynch doesn't get in clocks keeps ticking and if you are concerned about clock, use the TO, if not set up and run again. Win game. Go home Champions.

I hope you are just still in shock. We will talk tomorrow. When the Steelers lost Super Bowl XXX it took me until July to get over it. were the kind of guy who complimented the dude who shoved you into a locker?

Good game. wut? No terrible game. I will outline the reasons tomorrow after I get some sleep

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Coach Carroll built up a team that made it to the superbowl twice since he started in 2010 and very nearly won two in a row, which is a damned sight closer than any other team in recent history. If you guys would honestly fire a coach for one mistake like that then you're short sighted.

Back to Andy's crack about bandwagon fans - I'm in it for the long haul. Sure as hell it's disappointing, but in the end it's a game that I watch for enjoyment. There's always next year and the years after that. Carroll has worked for us, and I hope he continues to.

Why would you THROW to the ENDZONE to "work the clock down"?? If he catches it its a touchdown, clock stops, if he drops it/incomplete clock stops, if its picked the game is over, and the clock doesn't matter.

?????????

Traditionally you run the clock down by Running the Football. If Lynch doesn't get in clocks keeps ticking and if you are concerned about clock, use the TO, if not set up and run again. Win game. Go home Champions.

I hope you are just still in shock. We will talk tomorrow. When the Steelers lost Super Bowl XXX it took me until July to get over it. were the kind of guy who complimented the dude who shoved you into a locker?

Good game. wut? No terrible game. I will outline the reasons tomorrow after I get some sleep

The coach failed on basic football play-calling.

You have the best player in the NFL for a reason, to use him in sich a situation. That is the reason you have a player of that quality on your team. You don't not use him in a possible Super Bowl winning play. With the time on the clock he would have had at least two cracks at it.

I don't agree with firing Carroll. He made a mistake.

Coach Carroll built up a team that made it to the superbowl twice since he started in 2010 and very nearly won two in a row, which is a damned sight closer than any other team in recent history. If you guys would honestly fire a coach for one mistake like that then you're short sighted.

It was more than one mistake, but that one mistake you mention was enormous too

the Seahawks chocked on applesauce

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Yeah, you guys take the cake for classy. Sherman - a class act, lookin' good mugging for the camera at halftime. Irvin - looking especially classy.., are you the only player to get ejected from a superbowl? Baldwin - grab it again while you are heading home on the bus..

Save it Tracy. SEA can't take the high road on classiness. The boys have been talking trash all season, sorry that there are some hurt feeling tonight but it is what it is.

It's ok to talk trash as long as you can deliver. If you can't, then suck it up and have a good off-season.

It's the only one you are gonna get:

giphy.gif

You mad bro?

Edited by 11bee
You mad bro?

Naw, I ain't mad. Disappointed, sure. But we had a good season, and we'll be back. Players can talk trash because they're actually competing and pouring their heart and their bodies into that patch of green. Fans can talk trash because they're enjoying the rivalry and camaraderie. But fans shouldn't pretend they're coming from the same place that the players are. The fact that the players were talking trash has no bearing as to whether we do or not. I was just surprised at how quickly people who were rooting for the Seahawks turned on them and whipped open their flies to piss all over a game that went back and forth and was never locked up until the last thirty seconds of the game. I note that the Patriots aren't celebrating dominating or out-playing the Seahawks, but that there was a really dumb mistake.

Well, a win is a win, I guess.

Naw, I ain't mad. Disappointed, sure. But we had a good season, and we'll be back. Players can talk trash because they're actually competing and pouring their heart and their bodies into that patch of green. Fans can talk trash because they're enjoying the rivalry and camaraderie. But fans shouldn't pretend they're coming from the same place that the players are. The fact that the players were talking trash has no bearing as to whether we do or not. I was just surprised at how quickly people who were rooting for the Seahawks turned on them and whipped open their flies to piss all over a game that went back and forth and was never locked up until the last thirty seconds of the game. I note that the Patriots aren't celebrating dominating or out-playing the Seahawks, but that there was a really dumb mistake.

Well, a win is a win, I guess.

Tracy - I'll step down for a minute and admit that SEA played a hell of a game. I honestly thought SEA was going to win the thing. It's the BS that's been put out on the news (and here on ARC by a good many members) that's makes me sour. So, yeah, after having to listen about all the sh*t about deflate gate and Belicheat, etc, it makes me want to rub it in just a bit. If anyone wants to tell me how the Patriots cheated their way to win number 4, have at it. Otherwise, Congrats to NE and good luck to SEA next year. They are a hell of a team and if they just can manage to keep their mouths shut, I might even be rooting for them as well.

"Pete Carroll tried to take responsibility for the decision, even though offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell admitted he dialed up the quick pass. Wilson also took blame for the play, saying he threw the ball "one inch" too far. But offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said Lockette shares the blame.

Lockette "could have been stronger through the ball," Bevell pointed out to reporters multiple times.

Carroll and Wilson showed leadership in how they handled the worst moment of their professional career. Bevell, like Lockette, fell short."

Great game, but that final minute was a case of two (otherwise great) coaches trying to give a championship away, and only 1 of them succeeded. Everyone's justifiably talking about Seattle's playcall, but on 1st-and-goal from the 5 they ran it down to the 1, and the clock kept ticking. At that point, with ~55 seconds to go and 2 (or 3?) timeouts, they're absolutely going to have time to run 3 more plays, so for New England there's no advantage to letting the clock continue to run. They should've started taking their own TOs there, and even if it takes Seattle all 4 downs to score you're probably still going to have 35-40 seconds to try to get into position for at least a tying FG, compared to the 10-15 they would've had (after the kickoff) if Lynch HAD run it in on that 2nd down play.

I'm not even a Patriots fan, but I'm still sitting there between those 1st and 2nd down plays, screaming at my TV: "Take a timeout. Take a timeout! TAKE A TIMEOUT!!" :bandhead2: :lol:

If anyone wants to tell me how the Patriots cheated their way to win number 4, have at it.

Naw, I've seen the circular logic enough thanks. The NFL isn't going to find anything now, and the fans will use that as "proof" Just like how me never getting a speeding ticket means I am always at the speed limit at all times. Its "Proof" I have never been beyond the speed limit in a car.

Naw, I ain't mad. Disappointed, sure. But we had a good season, and we'll be back. Players can talk trash because they're actually competing and pouring their heart and their bodies into that patch of green. Fans can talk trash because they're enjoying the rivalry and camaraderie. But fans shouldn't pretend they're coming from the same place that the players are. The fact that the players were talking trash has no bearing as to whether we do or not.

Nah it just makes them foolish, over confident, brash, and cocky after losing.

I was just surprised at how quickly people who were rooting for the Seahawks turned on them and whipped open their flies to piss all over a game that went back and forth and was never locked up until the last thirty seconds of the game.

Well you can count me among that group. I detest New England, but curse having to root for these over-hyped losers. Thats the "Last Elite Defense" that blows a 10 point lead, and allows 2 TDs?! Umm OK. After blowing it officially on the nuetral zone infraction, they decided to go "full thug" and fight the patriots and generally act like a bunch of jerks who realized they blew it and had no one to blame but themselves. pure class

Thats a team that when it scored what turns out to be its last points of the game, the Receiver gets an Illegal celebration penalty? setting up NE? Despite all this, And then after a miracle catch and a setup with the best RB in the game.. they THROW and it gets picked to lose the whole freaking game?

A part of me is super angry because I have been hearing from Seahawks Fans for a year about how awesome and elite this team is they pull out a performance like this? Come on now. I'm not even a hawks fan and I'm mad because that was ridiculous. I wish they had lived up to all I have been hearing (Some things in this very thread!!) Sorry but "Aw shucks" isn't cutting it for me Tracy. I have no idea how you are not angry honestly.

NE fans were insufferable before this and now look :rolleyes: The Seahawks lost that game. NE didn't win it, the Hawks played like Jackasses and gave it away. Maybe thats cool with you, but wow. They sucked. And I swear to god the next time some Seahawks fan starts telling me all this crap again about "beastmode" and "Last Elite Defense" and all the trash talk this team does. I'm just going to laugh in their 12th face.

2 champion wins is huge. One is almost considered a fluke. Lots of teams have one. The Buccaneers, the Saints, Rams (lost their 2nd SB to NE-- look how this all turned out), it took Baltimore 13 years to get back and win another. I expected more from a team dripping "Elite" People are going to talk and they are going to question this team to see if they are overrated. the next couple seasons will tell, but I don't know if I will be watching or even reading/posting in next years thread so I might miss my chance to laugh at the hawks propaganda posted. They blew that game at every level with the exception of Lynch. And I hope they pay him or he goes somewhere that will