Unlike Johnny..... I just don't like the kid, comes across as a spoiled punk.

Here in Texas he walks on water, before turning it into wine that is.

But football needs villains, And it needs heroes, and so it goes.

My team is bunch of hard working, hard studying, blue color. teammate law abiding, United Way, susan g kohmen pink in October, football players;

and your team is full of a bunch of cocky, over rated, spoiled, free agent millionaire mercenary criminals and their apologists.

Don't worry about Johnny, The Browns have a way of taking cocky, talented college QBs and well... regressing them to the club standard. Look how many QBs they have gone through the last 15 years. Johnny is probably overcompensating for the night terrors. And of all the things a pro football player can do, on the broad spectrum of things, giving the finger is barely worth noting. Just saying.

Disclaimer. TT is not a Manziel fan. TT moved to Texas, and looks forward to go back "home" and People from A&M can keep worshipping him into perpetuity for all I care.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Welker is down with (another) concussion. He had a couple with NE, another one last year (two?) and now is out with yet another.

There was talk that one reason NE did not actively try to keep him was because of concern about this issue.

Sad to see Manning crying that it was a dirty hit, it certainly was not. And if anyone should be blamed, it's Manning. He's the one that decided to string out Welker on a pass up the middle right into a defensive player. During a pre-season game that means absolutely nothing? Really Payton??? Next time take it easy on your talent and simply throw the ball away and punt.

I have to wonder how Welker is going to respond to this. By all metrics, he's now fallen into the high-risk category for all sorts of horrible issues in later life. If it was me, I'd take the millions I've made and call it quits. Why risk yet another head shot (which will inevitably happen if he keeps playing at this tempo)? It will be truly sad if this guy keeps playing, knowing that he is jeopardizing his future health, all in the name of more money.

Welker is down with (another) concussion. He had a couple with NE, another one last year (two?) and now is out with yet another.

There was talk that one reason NE did not actively try to keep him was because of concern about this issue.

Sad to see Manning crying that it was a dirty hit, it certainly was not. And if anyone should be blamed, it's Manning. He's the one that decided to string out Welker on a pass up the middle right into a defensive player. During a pre-season game that means absolutely nothing? Really Payton??? Next time take it easy on your talent and simply throw the ball away and punt.

I have to wonder how Welker is going to respond to this. By all metrics, he's now fallen into the high-risk category for all sorts of horrible issues in later life. If it was me, I'd take the millions I've made and call it quits. Why risk yet another head shot (which will inevitably happen if he keeps playing at this tempo)? It will be truly sad if this guy keeps playing, knowing that he is jeopardizing his future health, all in the name of more money.

If peyton doesn't complain, how will the league change the rules to further favor star QBs??

Bd9_t7ZCYAAUIMv.png

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

The scum.... Only QB that has the right to change league policy is my guy Tom.

Hear, hear!!!

All QBs aspire to be Tom Brady.

This Johnny Flipoff...not gonna last in the NFL. Too small, can't stand in the pocket and hit targets...he's the next Tebow. That style of play might work for college (QB running the ball) but not in the NFL. Ask RGIII...he's on the short list too.

Hear, hear!!!

This Johnny Flipoff...not gonna last in the NFL. Too small, can't stand in the pocket and hit targets...he's the next Tebow. That style of play might work for college (QB running the ball) but not in the NFL. Ask RGIII...he's on the short list too.

Still have Cam Newton who has been moderately successful at running. Nothing special with his passing skilz but his ability to bang out 20-30 yard runs makes defending against him tough. Only issue is that sooner or later, Cam is going to make one of those cute runs and get leveled by a PO'd defender. He already took a hard hit last week and is now out with rib damage. Just another RGIII, only difference is that he's been able to stay healthy a bit longer.

Can't make a career out of being a running QB in the NFL. I find it amusing to read reports from college-centric football towns, where they state that college ball is just as difficult as playing in the NFL.

Sorry boys, not even close.

Edited by 11bee

Sure they do

That style of play might work for college (QB running the ball) but not in the NFL.

mag_pb-nfl_wilson_576x324.jpg

"oh?"

Steve Young and Randall Cunningham come to mind too.

And in defense of running QBs, it would work way better if the NFL adjusted the entire system to favor it as much as they have pocket passers. The NFL has chosen to embrace not making that style work. Its not a secret that in the pocket the NFL will protect the hell out of you and hook you and your receivers up , leave it and well...there be monsters there kids. It hilarious to see people chant "its a passing league" as if within the span of 10 years There was a QB/REceiever/passing revolution. They continuously changed the rules until it became a "passing league"

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Ah, come on fellas. It doesn't matter anyways. Give it a few more seasons and the way the rules are going players will have fancy pants colored flags dangling from their belts and shame on the defensive player who comes into contact with anything BUT said flags. Think of the fashion statements players can make by adding two beautifully colored flags to their game time wardrobe! The running QB will be a thing of the future fellas once hitting is removed from the NFL. Gone will be the "keep your head up son" advice and flooding in will be the "make sure your flags are clean and pressed and flashy enough to make a statement"... :banana:... :nanner:... :banana:... :nanner:...oh wait...we can't have end zone celebrations anymore can we...:boohoo:

*SIGH*

Ah, come on fellas. It doesn't matter anyways. Give it a few more seasons and the way the rules are going players will have fancy pants colored flags dangling from their belts and shame on the defensive player who comes into contact with anything BUT said flags. Think of the fashion statements players can make by adding two beautifully colored flags to their game time wardrobe! The running QB will be a thing of the future fellas once hitting is removed from the NFL. Gone will be the "keep your head up son" advice and flooding in will be the "make sure your flags are clean and pressed and flashy enough to make a statement"... :banana:/>... :nanner:/>... :banana:/>... :nanner:/>...oh wait...we can't have end zone celebrations anymore can we...:boohoo:/>

*SIGH*

I just hope they are pink

nfl-pink-penalty-flag.jpg

and no, not just for october,

XLu1WzB.gif

The Packers are going all the way this year. And even if we don't, as long as we beat the Bears and the Vikings, that's practically just as good.

Eric

Its cool when fans are just as happy at the idea of a super bowl championship, as they are going 4-12 for the season, so long as they beat a couple division rivals. :)

I hope the Eagles have a better season than last year, as for the Patriots I hope Gronk doesn't get injured.

Can't wait for next week for the kick-off!

Agreed on both! I've got Nick Foles as my fantasy QB. Could have gotten a higher rated QB in my draft but I picked him on instinct. Think the guy is going to tear it up this year.

Not optimistic about Gronk, too many issues in the past. Pats should limit him to just a couple of quarters / game and try to keep him healthy for the play-offs.