I have a feeling that this is the Saints year :banana::nanner::yahoo: . Defensive Secondary is still Suspect at times but The Offense is as good as it ever was. In fact the O may be even better with the addition Of Brandin Cooks to the WR corps. A note to Fantasy players, take him in your Draft.

One thing that has me concearned is the depth at O'line the middle, center& guard are fine but the tackle position is "YOUNG" an injusry there could spell disaster...

Got my tickets to all three London games today so I'm happy! Can't wait to booh the Raiders as they come on the field, looking forward to seeing Matty Ice chuck the ball about a bit n gonna laugh my behind off when the Jaguars lose in Wembley again! They got 2 more years of humiliation to go here, but please, keep them to yourselves cos if there is ever going to be a London franchise (heaven forbid!) I'd rather have the Browns than the Jags cos look what happened the last time the Browns ditched Cleveland! Still wouldn't support them tho cos I'm a Chargers fan for life!

GO BOLTZ!!!

Edited by Tsubame

Say it ain't so Wes....

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/broncos-receiver-wes-welker-suspended-four-games-by-the-nfl-231438459.html

Another good man done in by Molly use at a horse race. I know that anytime I go watch horses, I have to fight the urge to get my groove on with a few hits of Molly. Guess the poor guy couldn't restrain himself.

On the plus side, it will give him until Game 6 (Denver has a bye week 5) to get the ringing noise out of his head from the latest concussion. Should hold him over until the next time Peyton hangs him out in the middle and he gets laid out with concussion number 4.

Say it ain't so Wes....

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/broncos-receiver-wes-welker-suspended-four-games-by-the-nfl-231438459.html

Another good man done in by Molly use at a horse race. I know that anytime I go watch horses, I have to fight the urge to get my groove on with a few hits of Molly. Guess the poor guy couldn't restrain himself.

On the plus side, it will give him until Game 6 (Denver has a bye week 5) to get the ringing noise out of his head from the latest concussion. Should hold him over until the next time Peyton hangs him out in the middle and he gets laid out with concussion number 4.

Ecstasy and horses joke? or "well they can be pretty boring..." joke I don't know which way to go on this!

Seriously though I'm happy for the suspension, now he doesn't have to make that decision, and hey you never know the Peyton/Brady new passing rules might be in effect by then:

xZQitlj.gif

Got my tickets to all three London games today so I'm happy! Can't wait to booh the Raiders as they come on the field, looking forward to seeing Matty Ice chuck the ball about a bit n gonna laugh my behind off when the Jaguars lose in Wembley again! They got 2 more years of humiliation to go here, but please, keep them to yourselves cos if there is ever going to be a London franchise (heaven forbid!) I'd rather have the Browns than the Jags cos look what happened the last time the Browns ditched Cleveland! Still wouldn't support them tho cos I'm a Chargers fan for life!

GO BOLTZ!!!

I keep wondering whether these games amount to anything meaningful over there. I know NFL is trying to expand its market but I have major doubts that American football will ever become a revenue generating sports in Europe or elsewhere. Most of the London games (and all the hoopla leading up to it) are pretty lame it seems to me. Don't get me wrong, I am glad you get to see a game you enjoy, but my perception is that these make no sense financially or from the 'advertising-the-product' stand point. Was it the Vikings Steelers game last year or the year before in London? You could see all the players during the interviews (while they were practicing or doing site-seeing) looking tired and so unmotivated. If anything, it just costs the players an extra rest day, where each such day counts a lot during the season.

Now thinking about those games, I can't even remember if the stadiums were full. All the highlights remember seeing on SC seem to show big sections of empty seats.

Well, I am sure there are handsomely paid executives at NFL knowing what they're doing. There must be something I am missing here...

Just one ring? Lame.....

:)/>

First in a string is always one! :banana:

And besides, how did YOUR team do last year? :monkeydance:

I know a lot of people thought last year's Superbowl was boring, but it was great vindication for those in Seattle who are tired of the attitude that we're some backwater. It also was great to beat SF and their stupid "We got five - you got none" fan attitude. So what, it's a new year. It's no fun if your best times are behind you!

I know a lot of people thought last year's Superbowl was boring, but it was great vindication for those in Seattle who are tired of the attitude that we're some backwater. It also was great to beat SF and their stupid "We got five - you got none" fan attitude. So what, it's a new year. It's no fun if your best times are behind you!

See now you only 4 to tie!! :thumbsup:

The super bowl was kind of boring, but then it got a little exciting in that "I can't look away from this car crash" sense. I started to wonder just how bad it was going to get, and it exceeded all expectations in that department. If you were a seahawks fan, especially one that had stuck through the suck, that was probably the best 3 hours of your life.

the Good news is as a Steeler Fan is maybe the Seahawks fans can come down off the cross about Super Bowl XL. LOL J/K I know they won't. :deadhorse1:

:thumbsup:

The thing that sucks for the seahawks (And I am seriously curious to see what happens tonight) is that all the tough D that payed such dividends against the Broncos has basically been outlawed this off season, so expect to see a lot of flags on the field, and its going to be SUPER hard for them to play the way they did last year and get away with it. referees are going to be bigger and bigger factors, which is sad.

As a life long NY Giant fan, our season doesn't start until Monday night. Detroit has the better offensive and defensive lines. And the new offense is still a work in progress. The good news is that they can't be as bad as the NY Yankees.

Joel

First in a string is always one! :banana:/>

And besides, how did YOUR team do last year? :monkeydance:/>

Touche!!

I thought the SB was a fun game to watch. I wasn't digging the Broncos after the beating they put on NE so I found the game to be a blast.

For the record, I personally never sold Seattle short. They were always a scary team for NE to play. Plus I really enjoy watching a good defense at work and last year, it didn't get any better than Seattle.

Good luck this year!

For the record, I personally never sold Seattle short.

I wasn't actually thinking of anyone in particular - I saw "SeaChickens" thrown around here last year but I knew it was just banter and normal

stuff. It was more the automatic dismissal by professionals who should actually take the time to honestly look at all teams as opposed to playing to favorites. We get that in Seattle a lot still as a city (we're just a backwater that nothing of note happens in despite Amazon, Boeing, Microsoft, yadda yadda) so there was a lot of cathartic release in that victory.

I would expect that the Steelers superbowl loss will be much less of a "thing" for the Seattle Fans now that the team brought one home. I just hope we don't start acting as bad as the 49ers fans because of the win.

As far as Defense and flags, our D has been hard at work.

I keep wondering whether these games amount to anything meaningful over there. I know NFL is trying to expand its market but I have major doubts that American football will ever become a revenue generating sports in Europe or elsewhere. Most of the London games (and all the hoopla leading up to it) are pretty lame it seems to me. Don't get me wrong, I am glad you get to see a game you enjoy, but my perception is that these make no sense financially or from the 'advertising-the-product' stand point. Was it the Vikings Steelers game last year or the year before in London? You could see all the players during the interviews (while they were practicing or doing site-seeing) looking tired and so unmotivated. If anything, it just costs the players an extra rest day, where each such day counts a lot during the season.

Now thinking about those games, I can't even remember if the stadiums were full. All the highlights remember seeing on SC seem to show big sections of empty seats.

Well, I am sure there are handsomely paid executives at NFL knowing what they're doing. There must be something I am missing here...

Lots to reply to here so here goes:

---

Every game that has been played here since 2007 has not only been sold out months ahead but each ticket could have been sold 10 times over! How many games in America could claim that every year? How often do you hear about tv blackouts in America because they can't sell the tickets?

---

NFL is a very popular sport in Britain with a well established and knowledgeable fan base and we have had terrestrial SNF coverage every year since 1982 and our satellite broadcaster shows the earlier games and the MNF game! We even get college games too! I've been lucky enough to have gone to every one of the Wembley games and as long as they continue to play them I, and the other 80,000 fans lucky enough to get tickets, will continue to go!

---

As for the players looking tired or unmotivated you have to bear in mind that practically all of the 'Home' teams to have played have been teams at the bottom of their game and basically know they are going to be beaten because most of the away teams have been teams at the top of their game! Also they know by now that, whilst it may be a home game for them and Wembley does all it can to make it feel like a home game, they are still going to be playing in front of an crowd where everyone has its own established team and you will never get a fan wearing the jersey of a different team just to bolster their egos. You also have to realise that we have regular season games instead of exhibition games because, as I said, we are a knowledgeable and loyal bunch of fans here and don't want to be fobbed off with a totally meaningless game. They tried that in the '80s when NFL was still a novelty here but we soon got bored with them, but now NFL is well established we expect our loyalty to be rewarded with proper games that mean something, and so far, we are happy with what's been delivered. Just don't ever send the Browns v Lions over cos even I wouldn't go to watch that lol!

Edited by Tsubame