Who says it will be just one game? I haven't read that anywhere. The team made the call to inactivate him from the Pats game today. With everything going on, I would be surprised if we ever see AP in a Vikings uniform again... :(/>/>/>/>

-Derek

Given the current state of the league, I would have expected the team to have at minimum gone for at least 4 weeks. Looks to me like they are playing it safe, waiting to see what develops with the case in hopes that it might have blown over and they could get him back sooner.

The only (tiny) bright side to this is that he will not be playing against NE. AP would have blown through the Pat's D.

Given the current state of the league, I would have expected the team to have at minimum gone for at least 4 weeks. Looks to me like they are playing it safe, waiting to see what develops with the case in hopes that it might have blown over and they could get him back sooner.

The only (tiny) bright side to this is that he will not be playing against NE. AP would have blown through the Pat's D.

I should have picked this week to bet on them :bandhead2:

The Chargers beat the Seahawks!

... wait! Did I really just type that? Oh yeah I did! Woohoo! River and Gates - what a combination!

What's with older qbs running like young guns these days? Rivers outran Wilson 7-1! Even Peyton's been having a go at running and he never runs! Nice to see Matthews playing as full back too- whatever happened to that position?

Bears at 49ers now - oh joy! That new Levis stadium looks pants (somebody had to say that lol)!

The Chargers beat the Seahawks!

... wait! Did I really just type that? Oh yeah I did! Woohoo! River and Gates - what a combination!

I'm actually glad we lost one - I'd rather the fans (primarily) and players get a reminder that victory isn't a given early in the season. Granted, from all of the interviews I've read and seen the players and staff do a pretty good job of it, but you can't have grit if you don't have to rub dirt in the wound from time to time.

My Raiders have become the Keystone Cops of the NFL. How do you fumble the ball TWICE in the SAME PLAY?!!

:angry:/>/>

Ken

Don't worry, I'll be cheering for them at Wembley in 2 weeks time! Wait... no! I meant to say I'll be booing them at Wembley in 2 weeks time lol!

2 weeks, 2 weeks! Can't come soon enough!

I watched the Saints vs Browns today. I never thought that I would ever type this but...the Browns looked good :jaw-dropping:!

The Saints are no slouch and the Browns gave them fits on both sides of the ball. I also enjoyed not having an incessant flag throwing fest by the officials <_< . For once they let the men play football.

I actually stayed up late (1030! which is a pretty big deal if you wake up at 4AM!) to hang with the Bears/Niners and I am so glad I did, that was a close exciting game with a come back and lots of craziness. Best game I got to watch... but I don't know if I will be doing the same for the Eagles tonight-- not without a nap at least! The niners new park looks amazing, and only $1.2 billion!

For once they let the men play football.

They made up for it on the niners game! Flag city! I watched a brutal hit on a reciever that replicated the Troy P. hit on a "defenseless receiver" and there was no flag. The consistency issues are going to be a headache for a long while. :bandhead2:/>

behindthescenes-NFL-detail4_23441.jpg

Step back Russell Wilson, The new star that is revolutionizing the NFL.

...The consistency issues are going to be a headache for a long while....

Agreed. But sadly the refs are deciding the outcome of games right now with inconsistent and tricky-tacky calls. I saw one game yesterday (I believe it was the 'Niners') where every flag and a hat were thrown on the field and three different calls were made on the same play :wacko: !

On a different note, how long does RGIII's career last? This guy is way too injury prone and has suffered far too many major injuries to have a long career. Me thinks the Redskins will be looking for a new #1 QB soon.

On a different note, how long does RGIII's career last? This guy is way too injury prone and has suffered far too many major injuries to have a long career. Me thinks the Redskins will be looking for a new #1 QB soon.

The Skin's already have a QB1. From what I saw, he did a great job.

RGIII is on the way out. That's the downside with the new breed of running QB's, sooner or later, you are always going to take a hard hit, usually from a guy much bigger than you. You can only take so many shots before you go down for the count. Either they transition to primarily pocket passers (which is what it looks like is going on with Cam Newton) or they will eventually got knocked out of the game.

On other topics,

Loving Charles Barkley's rant about how AP's child abuse is no big deal, it's just a southern / black thing. Right.... I'm guessing Peterson is done for the season but it was still really nice to see all the #28 shirts being worn by those Viking fans. Stay classy MN.

Patriots had a good win, looked nice on special teams and D but against a lame MN team does that really count for much? On a down note, they set a team record for penalties (15) and one guy may have set/tied a league record for getting 3 penalties in 2 plays. On offense, they looked horrible. Brady still can't seem to consistently throw an accurate pass over 20 yards. I'm surprised the Vikings didn't give Bridgewater a chance. Sad to see Castle trying and hear the crowd chanting "TEDDY, TEDDY".

Love seeing the NY Jets self-destruct yesterday. Blowing a 21-3 lead was good but then having their tying score negated because a Jets coach called for a last second time out was just icing on the cake. Some days I actually feel sorry for Rex.

Edited by 11bee

The Skin's already have a QB1. From what I saw, he did a great job.

RGIII is on the way out. That's the downside with the new breed of running QB's, sooner or later, you are always going to take a hard hit, usually from a guy much bigger than you. You can only take so many shots before you go down for the count. Either they transition to primarily pocket passers (which is what it looks like is going on with Cam Newton) or they will eventually got knocked out of the game.

On other topics,

I don't disagree, but I want to say the Redskins have been way too quick to put him out there when he isn't 100 percent, and then not working any plays to protect him or help him, or play to his strengths. I think their decisions greatly accelerated his demise.

Loving Charles Barkley's rant about how AP's child abuse is no big deal, it's just a southern / black thing. Right.... I'm guessing Peterson is done for the season but it was still really nice to see all the #28 shirts being worn by those Viking fans. Stay classy MN.

Patriots had a good win, looked nice on special teams and D but against a lame MN team does that really count for much? On a down note, they set a team record for penalties (15) and one guy may have set/tied a league record for getting 3 penalties in 2 plays. On offense, they looked horrible. Brady still can't seem to consistently throw an accurate pass over 20 yards. I'm surprised the Vikings didn't give Bridgewater a chance. Sad to see Castle trying and hear the crowd chanting "TEDDY, TEDDY".

Every team gets their turn in the scum bag department.

Love seeing the NY Jets self-destruct yesterday. Blowing a 21-3 lead was good but then having their tying score negated because a Jets coach called for a last second time out was just icing on the cake. Some days I actually feel sorry for Rex.

I don't know how the jets do it, all teams lose but the jets manage to find some of the crazy ways to do it. Like the famous butt fumble. Players fumble, but no one fumbles quite like that.

In other news I never thought I would say this but I like Rodney Harrison, as a talking NBC head at least.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

I actually stayed up late (1030! which is a pretty big deal if you wake up at 4AM!) to hang with the Bears/Niners and I am so glad I did, that was a close exciting game with a come back and lots of craziness. Best game I got to watch... but I don't know if I will be doing the same for the Eagles tonight-- not without a nap at least! The niners new park looks amazing, and only $1.2 billion!

How about staying up till 4.30am to watch the game? I hate the Bears so much I didn't even bother going to see them at Wembley in 2011, but last nights game was the first time I've ever enjoyed seeing them win! That last quarter was epic and we even got to see Cutler smile at the post game interview!

Can't wait to see what that stadium looks like when they finish building it! Wait... it is finished?

When they hand out the player of the decade awards at the end of, well, the decade, I'm expecting Kaepernick to be right up there for the M.O.P. award - Most Overrated Player! Mind you, he'll be burnt out by then anyway, just like all the new breed of QBs who think they are RBs!

Edited by Tsubame

Awesome win last night by Philly, Nick Foles seems to have a habit of getting hot in the 2nd half of the game.

In a truly disgusting move, the Vikings have decided that Peterson has been punished enough by that one game missed and have announced that he'll be active this Sunday. Unbelievable. In the NFL you get a slap on the wrist for wife beating and even less for beating a child. Everything must be looking good for scumbag Peterson, right?

Not really... Reports came out last night that Peterson was accused of abusing a 2nd child.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/15/adrian-peterson-practice-with-vikings-play-sunday/H0xXataV1HmY5KD9osyBUI/story.html

I can't believe the league would let this guy play. If so, it just contributes to the belief that the only things the NFL cares about are the owners making $ and winning games.

Awesome win last night by Philly, Nick Foles seems to have a habit of getting hot in the 2nd half of the game.

In a truly disgusting move, the Vikings have decided that Peterson has been punished enough by that one game missed and have announced that he'll be active this Sunday. Unbelievable. In the NFL you get a slap on the wrist for wife beating and even less for beating a child. Everything must be looking good for scumbag Peterson, right?

Not really... Reports came out last night that Peterson was accused of abusing a 2nd child.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/09/15/adrian-peterson-practice-with-vikings-play-sunday/H0xXataV1HmY5KD9osyBUI/story.html

I can't believe the league would let this guy play. If so, it just contributes to the belief that the only things the NFL cares about are the owners making $ and winning games.

Radisson just dropped their sponsorship of the Vikings. Thats a BFD as Joe Biden would say.

I had to sleep so mid 2nd quarter I went to bed which killed me, because that Colts/Eagles was exciting and I knew it would be good. Watched the highlights this morning, and I was not wrong. Sproles is like the little engine that can! Just wish I could have seen it all!

Radisson just dropped their sponsorship of the Vikings. Thats a BFD as Joe Biden would say.

I had to sleep so mid 2nd quarter I went to bed which killed me, because that Colts/Eagles was exciting and I knew it would be good. Watched the highlights this morning, and I was not wrong. Sproles is like the little engine that can! Just wish I could have seen it all!

I still don't know how the NFL works! Darren Sproles is a pocket rocket and consistent performer yet is on his 3rd team already! The Chargers should never have cut him and God knows why the Saints did!

Had the pleasure to see the little guy at a signing before the Saints v Chargers game at Wembley, 2008. Got him to sign a football for me and a couple of photos! He was a key player then even tho L.T. was still the star performer, so for him to be at the signing the day before the game was pretty good of him, especially when you consider the Saints only bothered to send David Patten, who was a 3rd string receiver and didn't even get to play! Mind you Darren did fumble on his first possession during the game so maybe all that signing did his hands in!

Interesting how the Chargers now have Danny Woodhead who is basically Darren Sproles' brother from another mother! With Ryan Matthews out for 5 weeks he's gonna have a lot of work to do, but I'm sure he'll run his little legs off as usual!

Edited by Tsubame

Peterson appears to be done for the near future, if not the entire season. Still gets to collect his full paycheck though. Horrible that it took all that pressure from sponsors and the governor of MN before the team reversed it's decision.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-09-17/vikings-exclude-peterson-from-team-activities-after-indictment#p2

Peterson appears to be done for the near future, if not the entire season. Still gets to collect his full paycheck though. Horrible that it took all that pressure from sponsors and the governor of MN before the team reversed it's decision.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-09-17/vikings-exclude-peterson-from-team-activities-after-indictment#p2

Granted I don't know all the details... but I'm a little amazed that the Ray Rice thing from the Ravens office upon release of the tape was "well hearing it and seeing it are two different things" And yet here we are not even a week later and we are suddenly wishy washy again on from a front office regarding abuse involving a child. Too bad there wasn't tape.

Are we incapable of creating imagery in our heads?

Oh, quelle surprise, the BBC has a news item about Adrian Peterson! they never show any interest in the NFL unless its something like that! I mean, we are a week away from wembley! wheres the news about that? Might get a mention after the news about the lower echelons of soccer and just before the checkers world cup!

Edited by Tsubame

Oh, quelle surprise, the BBC has a news item about Adrian Peterson! they never show any interest in the NFL unless its something like that! I mean, we are a week away from wembley! wheres the news about that? Might get a mention after the news about the lower echelons of soccer and just before the checkers world cup!

Meh, its the media. I wouldn't let it ruin your excitement. They just see a football game. To them, the game itself is not juicy, scandalous, dramatic etc etc. You are obviously a fan and are looking forward to the game. They just want to sell their rag papers, entice TV news viewership, or sell their spin. The media is the same everywhere. Enjoy the game!

:cheers:

Meh, its the media. I wouldn't let it ruin your excitement. They just see a football game. To them, the game itself is not juicy, scandalous, dramatic etc etc. You are obviously a fan and are looking forward to the game. They just want to sell their rag papers, entice TV news viewership, or sell their spin. The media is the same everywhere. Enjoy the game!

:cheers:/>

Lol, its the British Broadcasting Corporation! I bet they still think William Perry is playing and the Bears are superbowl champions! At least Channel 4 shows the SNF game even tho their idea of an American Football show is 50 minutes of the highlights they've already shown during the game and maybe a couple of minutes of topical news! Thank god for the internet, cos I wouldn't have a clue whats going on otherwise!