CD72027 : C-123 Provider

CD72027 will be a 1/72 C-123 decal sheet intended for the Roden kit. I just started the design work last week and intend to make it available in October. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Joe Jackson MOH winner as seen in the Keith Ferris painting!

I like the Coast Guard scheme, but the HC-123B nose does not come with the initial boxing of the Roden kit. Is the radar nose the only external difference for the Coast Guard version (HC-123B)? The Coast Guard markings are big enough to warrant a dedicated sheet. If the only external difference is the nose, then perhaps this is a good chance to venture into resin updates for the first time.

For the time being the sheet contains a plain troop carrier C-123B from the early 1960s, General Westmoreland's "White Whale", an SAC C-123B, a MATS C-123B and a camouflaged Vietnam-era aircraft. I might add or drop options depending on the space I have on the sheet.

Kursad,

The HC-123B radome is the only external difference I can see between the regular birds and the HC's. Of note, with the HC radome, and a couple of C-130 nacelle parts, a C-123T variant could be built, as well...

I like the Coast Guard scheme, but the HC-123B nose does not come with the initial boxing of the Roden kit. Is the radar nose the only external difference for the Coast Guard version (HC-123B)? The Coast Guard markings are big enough to warrant a dedicated sheet. If the only external difference is the nose, then perhaps this is a good chance to venture into resin updates for the first time.

For the time being the sheet contains a plain troop carrier C-123B from the early 1960s, General Westmoreland's "White Whale", an SAC C-123B, a MATS C-123B and a camouflaged Vietnam-era aircraft. I might add or drop options depending on the space I have on the sheet.

No need for resin. HC-123 on deck for roden

Wow, I really like that USCG scheme but then I am a sucker for anything wearing yellow or dayglo. I am sure Kursad's USCG markings will be better colour wise than what I see on Roden's sheet unless it is my monitor that is throwing off the colour.

Edited by skyhawk174
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...