Converting a 1/144 two-seater F-15 into a single-seater

This is about converting a 1/144 two-seater F-15 into a single-seater? Aside from canopy and cockpit differences, what other parts should modify?

Thank you

If you're using the 1/144th Revell F-15E kit, you'll also need to eliminate the bulged landing gear doors. I think the ECM fairings on the tips of the tails are different, too. Probably some other smaller stuff, but in 1/144 it's all small!

Cheers

The biggest problem is behind the canopy. In a single seat F-15 this has a gentle curve up while in a 2 seat F-15 there is a steep section right behind the canopy. And you can't just sand it down because it has a large vent detail you would destroy.

YGTgSLb.png

The ARII canopy (which I assume you will be using) also needs sanding to fit the Revell kit so you need some comfort in working with clear plastic.

Habu2, you're right. I got the tomytec F-15J which i converted into -C (repainted). Since the tomytec is TOO pricey to acquire, I decided to convert one of my revell -Es into -C. Luckily I got an extra canopy so I went on.

Spejic, yeah I noticed that too on the tomytec kit. I'm planning to do another one with Aggresor scheme.