1/144 OV-102 STS-2 ...

Amazing work as always by Jetplane! Tell us more about the build. What decals did you use, and are those Realspace engines? More pics please! Excellent job

Amazing work as always by Jetplane! Tell us more about the build. What decals did you use, and are those Realspace engines? More pics please! Excellent job

Hotdog,

This old Airfix model was built earlier as OV-099, it had a mishap accident by falling off the desk!

The damage resulted in cracks on the front section, broke off OMS pods and sections on the belly bottom.

I decide to rebuild her as OV-102 in early guise.

The Old Shuttle decals I had was custom made from a friend was put in use plus RSM decal set.various strips of black decals are also use to detail the model.

Yes..the SSMEs are from RSM.

George

I thought I recognized this bird somehow. Your Challenger was one of the ones that inspired me to get back into this hobby.

I've been working a lot on my 1:144 tile decal set lately, maybe I will have them finished in time for your next shuttle build!

Hi Hotdog,

Do you make the white tiles decals pattern with that 'brick' pattern too?

They are for cockpit cabin top, wings, OMS pods, tail and fuselage sections in some early version.

In addition can you do the windows decals too in 1/100, 1/144 scale?

Cheers,

George

I thought I recognized this bird somehow. Your Challenger was one of the ones that inspired me to get back into this hobby.

I've been working a lot on my 1:144 tile decal set lately, maybe I will have them finished in time for your next shuttle build!

.Forgot to mentioned...I did built another OV-099 with a new 1/144 Airfix stack..it is as STS-51L...final tragic mission

it was posted somewhere here in ARC too.... :rolleyes:/>

George

George,

Yes, all of the tiles, including the white tiles for the earlier Columbia/Challenger will be in the set. I am working on the wings as we speak!

x2uftc.jpg

(incomplete)

There will be decals for the later refurbished orbiters as well. You will be able to accurately depict any shuttle mission in full detail with these decals! Almost the entire surface of the orbiter will be covered. Complete markings for SRB's included too. It's an ambitious project!

No plans to do 1/100, but maybe in the future, 1/200. The first sets will be 1/144 scale.

That is just an incredible job you have done with decals Hotdog. I may have to hit you up for more. Oh, and by the way, do you need anymore Airfix models to use for your decals? I have one you can have, I'll also include 2 of the beany caps for them. For the set of decals that you sent me for my Columbia build. I still haven't perfected the windows yet. Maybe you can come up with something.

There yours if you want them, plus the model. You'll have to put the wings on it though. All I need is shipping info....

Mike

Hotdog,

Are the decal for the Revell 1/144, Airfix, or both? They look great by the way and I would be interested in a set. Do you have a time frame for release?

Thanks,

Troy

Troy,

The decals are being made specifically for the Airfix shuttle (it is the best shuttle at this scale, IMO). I will leave it up to you guys to try them out on the Revell. I know the overall shape of the Revell is different, which would require modifying the shape of the belly tile decal in order to make it work. So, if you're planning a future shuttle build and want to use my decals, you may be better off getting the Airfix :coolio:

I'm frantically trying to finish these before Christmas, to at least have a beta test version ready by then.

That is just an incredible job you have done with decals Hotdog. I may have to hit you up for more. Oh, and by the way, do you need anymore Airfix models to use for your decals? I have one you can have, I'll also include 2 of the beany caps for them. For the set of decals that you sent me for my Columbia build. I still haven't perfected the windows yet. Maybe you can come up with something.

There yours if you want them, plus the model. You'll have to put the wings on it though. All I need is shipping info....

Mike

Mike,

YES I am in need of an extra Airfix shuttle to test on. The beanie caps would be nice too. I think I could make the windows work with some thin, clear styrene. Sending you a PM with shipping info.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some addition photos for viewing..this Airfix Shuttle kit is pretty old.

ColumbiaSTS2RightV.jpg

It has little faults and minor inaccuracies..

ColumbiaSTS2Left.jpg

I had a tiles decals made in 1/144..but it was a little too late to use on this Shuttle.

ColumbiaSTS2FrontRR.jpg

Enjoy viewing folks!

Cheers... :rolleyes:

This is a nice build Jetplane!

Hotdog,

That's what I'm looking for in 1/100. Any hints on what the dark tile sections are gonna look like?

I'm a ways out from getting all the mods for the 747, but do you have an idea how far you are from finishing them?

These would be an awesome help! I'm not impressed by the Warbirds decals.

Tracy

Hotdog,

That's what I'm looking for in 1/100. Any hints on what the dark tile sections are gonna look like?

Tracy

Tracy,

The tile decal set I have been working on is for the 1/144 Airfix shuttle. Here's a link to see how those are turning out so far:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=278002&view=findpost&p=2693516

My first build here was a 1/100 Tamiya shuttle that I never finished. I did manage to make a photo-realistic decal for the belly tiles:

DSC04233_zps4b0c32e3.jpg

That's about as far as I got. One day I will get back to building the Tamiya shuttle after I finish up some of my other ongoing modeling projects (such as the 1/144 decals).

Send me a private message with your mailing address and we'll go from there. I plan to print some decals next week for another member of this forum, so perhaps I can tackle yours at the same time.