CD72028 : T-45 Goshawk

• 2 months later...

Did everyone see this announcement from Wolfpack?

newtop05.jpg

I am guessing it is a reboxing of the Italeri kit (particularly since we never heard about it until now, and they are promising a June release). Now that the kit is available again, I may either do a reprint or (depending on what is on the kit decal sheet) release a new sheet.

Edited by KursadA

OH! Thanks, I know now!?

Well their T-2 wasn't a Matchbox re-issue so let's hope they have been quietly working on a new kit!! I would be happy with a part new (wings / cockpit) part Italeri kit!!!!

OH! Thanks, I know now!?

Well their T-2 wasn't a Matchbox re-issue so let's hope they have been quietly working on a new kit!! I would be happy with a part new (wings / cockpit) part Italeri kit!!!!

Hope so too that it's not an Italeri reboxing.

New cockpit, new wings, new stabs, ventral fin would be the minimum to get a T-45C.

OH! Thanks, I know now!?

Their T-2 kit was announced months in advance as a new tooling, and CAD work as well as test shots were displayed in the months that lead to its release. In contrast, the T-45 kit basically fell out of the sky unannounced - that is why my guess is that it is an Italeri rebox.

I can't imagine that Wolfpack would rebox the Italeri "prototype" T-45 kit. It would make no sense. They have, however, reboxed the 1/72 Esci/Italeri F-5A Freedom Fighter which is an excellent kit. They've also reboxed the Kinetic 1/48 F-5A. But my guess is that this is a new mold to follow their original T-2C Buckeye. We'll know soon!

I too am hoping it's a new tool. It does say "new modern jet trainer" so hopefully the "new" and "modern" is referring to the kit itself since the T-45 isn't exactly new anymore.

I'd think if Wolfpack is releasing it as a T-45C that it would be an actual C model. Unless they plan to only add their resin upgrades to the vintage Italeri kit?

A couple of years back, there was a list posted by someone (supposedly) connected to Wolfpack that included such tasty items as 1/72 RF-8, T-38, TF-9, F-106, and a few others. Well, some of those may no longer be active because of other manufacturer's new kits (particularly the Meng F-106), but I'll take a new T-45 anytime!

A couple of years back, there was a list posted by someone (supposedly) connected to Wolfpack that included such tasty items as 1/72 RF-8, T-38, TF-9, F-106, and a few others. Well, some of those may no longer be active because of other manufacturer's new kits (particularly the Meng F-106), but I'll take a new T-45 anytime!

I am stumped as to why Academy, with their recent F-8 releases, didn't expand their product line to include the RF-8 variants. Would have made a nice tie-in with the recent 50th anniversary of the Cuban Missile Crisis...

The RF-8 from the back of the wing forward is completely differently shaped than the late fighter variant represented in Academy's kit. Academy really couldn't "get there from here" and would have to produce an entirely new kit.

But your point is good: Why don't manufacturers make the most of their molds? Why didn't Academy produce more of its 1/72 Allison-engined Mustangs beyond the P-51? With a few different parts they could have easily issued (like Accurate Miniatures did in 1/48) the P-51A, A-36, Mustang I, etc. And why didn't Tamiya produce -3, Martlet, or FM-2 versions of their excellent 1/48 Wildcat?

AND STILL NO 1/72 SCALE FJ-3 FURY!

• 2 weeks later...

Sober second look at this announcement!! :crying2:/>

On their web page their 'New Tool Kits' are 1000X numbers for 72nd, e.g. the T-2s. Their 'Premium Edition Kits' like the Italeri F-5s are 172XXX numbers and the T-45 is 172205!! :soapbox:/>

Soooo looks like an Italeri kit with (hopefully) a bunch o' resin for correction purposes!?!?

Who is going to be the sacrificial modeller to buy one, unless they show the box contents on the web site??

I added an extra 2 to the number but you get the point, eh?

Edited by Flyboyf18

I hate when you guys are right....

http://www.wolfpack-d.com/catalog/htm/wp17205.html

Sprue parts by Italeri models.

SJU-17/A NACES Ejection seats by resin parts.

Updated details by PE Parts.

I don't see any indication of additional sprues with corrected wings and stabs. :bandhead2:

And given the pretty dull choice of schemes, Kursad, you can reprint the sheet with no hesitation, I'd say.

Will wait for sprue/test shots, but I don't understand the no updated wings/stabs (if it should be confirmed).

The modification is quite easy though.

I hate when you guys are right....

Sprue parts by Italeri models.

The timeline was too aggressive for this kit to be anything but an Italeri rebox. I am surprised that he did not take the opportunity to release it with a more attractive decal sheet. But this certainly gives me another opportunity; and I already ordered a reprint of the T-45 sheet.

This whole episode prompted me to think about reboxing some kits with specially designed Caracal decal sheets. Thanks to you, I now have the finances to pull this off. I already contacted some manufacturers and got positive responses. Any suggestions on older kits that you would like to see in a Caracal box with new decals?

Any suggestions on older kits that you would like to see in a Caracal box with new decals?

Fujimi A-7D/E. Or italeri A-6. I know the A-6 isn't the best kit but the wing folds out of the box and it's not to bad of a kit.

The timeline was too aggressive for this kit to be anything but an Italeri rebox. I am surprised that he did not take the opportunity to release it with a more attractive decal sheet. But this certainly gives me another opportunity; and I already ordered a reprint of the T-45 sheet.

This whole episode prompted me to think about reboxing some kits with specially designed Caracal decal sheets. Thanks to you, I now have the finances to pull this off. I already contacted some manufacturers and got positive responses. Any suggestions on older kits that you would like to see in a Caracal box with new decals?

Fujimi A-4B/C/E/F Skyhawk.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know where i can get a model of T-45 online ?

huge interest to me!

thanks in advance !

The Wolfpack one should be available soon (june 2016 release date).

The Italeri one is popping from time to time on ebay. Or maybe some random online shops. Worth checking if their stock is up to date.

That is for the 1/72 scale.

• 1 month later...