Nightfighter GB  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a nightfighter GB?

• Yes
    • Maybe

IGNIS EX TENEBRIS! -'Fire From Darkness' (MORS EX TENEBRIS was already taken!)

I have to get a piece of this GB, even if I fake my own 'mors' for the duration to get the bench-time: I have a kit that is burning a hole in the shelf.

Night Predator or Stuffed Owl? Fate rolls its dice...

Yep, I was hoping that since the other thread had 29 yes votes they would be faster in coming, but I'm patient. Couple of GBs just kicked off, hopefully once the dust has settled some of the maybes will be more committal.

• 3 weeks later...

Just took a quick look at my small, and I mean very small stash. I have a self imposed limit of 12 models. It's really hard staying at or under that cap, but I've been doing it since I got back into the hobby. Anyway, when Hobby Boss released the N/AW A-10 in 1/48 scale, I thought it would be a interesting change of pace from the usual single seat A-10s builds. Seems to me that it should fit the criteria of the GB if you allow prototypes, as only two examples were built, and never flew as an operational aircraft.

Joel

So what's going to be the official GB name w00t.gif ?!

Of course, it'll have to be a manly and clever/catchy one 271.gif .

Here are the suggestions from the thread so far:

Night Operators

Graveyard Shift

From Dusk till Dawn

Before the dawn

Before dawn

The Dark is my Friend

We own the night

Death before dawn

Nightstalkers

When Darkness Falls

Night prowler

Midnight Marauders

Prince of darkness

Beware the darkness

Death by darkness

IGNIS EX TENEBRIS! -'Fire From Darkness'

Night Predator

Stuffed Owl--???

Night Lords

lords of night

Lords of the Knight

I'll also add:

Nocturnal nightmare

Midnight maniacs

Caliginous carnage

Midnight massacre

Darkness destruction

Midnight mayhem

Bedtime blitzkrieg

Sunset slayers

Midnight mischief

Twilight violators

Just took a quick look at my small, and I mean very small stash. I have a self imposed limit of 12 models. It's really hard staying at or under that cap, but I've been doing it since I got back into the hobby. Anyway, when Hobby Boss released the N/AW A-10 in 1/48 scale, I thought it would be a interesting change of pace from the usual single seat A-10s builds. Seems to me that it should fit the criteria of the GB if you allow prototypes, as only two examples were built, and never flew as an operational aircraft.

Joel

I don't see a problem with the 2 seater since it was intended for night / all weather ops. That is assuming we can get 3 more before all the January slots are taken up.

I really can't do the March-Sept slot because of work, so that would mean either another mod would have to step up or we would have to wait until Sept 2015. :o

My brother is a member, but mostly hangs out on LSP as he's a 1/32 scale builder. I've got him to see the light, and will be building some 1/48 stuff, and wants to become a more active member here. I'll try to get him to join the GB.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W