x2

There are some resin ones out there, but you almost have to "know a guy" to get one. I've got one I might be doing for this GB, but we'll have to see. I've got something else in mind that I want to do first. The B-wing is my favorite though from Star Wars.

-Dave

The cockpit while decently detailed was still lacking so I threw some spare parts in there. No real purpose to them other than to busy it up. Impossible to see later anyway so whatever.

Everything not dark grey I added

A3CE47F4-882C-493A-95AC-A00CB4FE0D59_zpskfnj6iqu.jpg

Paints everything gunship grey then picked out some boxes and the hose in black. Dry brushed black everywhere else and calling it done.

58B77795-7B7C-4D9C-BFE6-0DFC349D149D_zpsw2tzzbqk.jpg

S-foils glued together. They "should" be posable when it's done.

3A0A660E-EA2C-4A9F-BBF6-B4EF69682B43_zpsjm66rmud.jpg

Did I mention...

32F80B0B-6B4B-4403-9EB4-0A6316474D8A_zpshximpelu.jpg

So I'm cutting off all the little nubs and lining everything up for glue. The plastic is super soft so it's responding well.

K

Edited by Bigasshammm

Thanks!

Main body is together.

C1152629-AC83-43AF-B8CB-40680999399E_zpse9becszy.jpg

Cockpit is rotational.

7B0D4E3A-77A5-4A90-B580-F992E71A5D2E_zpspc7kq4mn.jpg

Dryfit with the wings which will just snap on.

73A48896-62E2-48D4-9DAF-819B44B0070F_zpswvyzkv2n.jpg

So far so good. Looking around for ideas to paint it. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm also wondering about mounting this. The kit stand that it comes with doesn't look adequate nor does it give you many options. Basically horizontal is the only way. Can anyone think of a better solution?

Edited by Bigasshammm

Lookin' good! :cheers:

I'd just drill a hole in the underside of the engine assembly and mount it on a black rod or pipe, that way you can display it in horizontal position and with the wings folded out. Alternatively if you want it in vertical position (the cockpit is meant to rotate freely in its socket so any orientation of the body in relation to the cockpit would be fine) you could have a rod come up and go in between the engine nozzles. It forces you to make a choice and it will make a hole in the model but I much prefer that slim rod over having it rest in a stand.

For paint I'd personally go with off white and shades of gray plus the orange disks, a good example can be found here http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=55140

Or you could go the extended universe route and do your own paint scheme, the B-Wing being operated by someone other than the Rebel Alliance. Letters done in http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aurebesh will make it looks Star Wars even if you make it bright blue with pink trims :thumbsup:

Construction complete. Will let the Future dry on the canopy over the weekend and get it masked and mounted. Then can paint it but still not sure how. Probably the off-white/cream with grey panels and other highlights. Lots of masking. Lots of weathering after paint.

83F32373-B7B5-44D2-8964-2B1EE528080D_zpsei2mbjna.jpg

72FA8C6C-F7A6-4537-8B8D-82F93DFE0EBA_zpsnbeyicx2.jpg

BDA58BF9-86C5-4F6C-A7E2-5F41FAE219BD_zpsb33tfu9d.jpg

Probably just go with the kit stand. I think I'll paint it though it doesn't look good in the smoke clear plastic it is now.

Edited by Bigasshammm
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got some paint on it. I used MM sand mixed with white to tone down the earthyness of it. Realistically it looks almost exactly the same as the plastic did. I'll let it sit for a day then mask it up for some dark grey.

I also painted the stand. I used a base coat of gloss black followed by Alclad steel. I'm thinking either my steel is bad or you're not supposed to spray over black as it's so dark it doesn't look like steel at all. But, it does look cool as a stand for this model.

No pics till more progress.

I want to get this done by a show/contest November 2.

I also painted the stand. I used a base coat of gloss black followed by Alclad steel. I'm thinking either my steel is bad or you're not supposed to spray over black as it's so dark it doesn't look like steel at all. But, it does look cool as a stand for this model.

Haven't tried the Alclad Steel, but the Alclad Chrome paint takes a few coats to build up the color, you might need to do the same.

-Dave

We'll I dropped and broke the stand. So not sure what I'm doing with that yet.

Got second paint color on. Lots of masking. Oh how I hate masking.

77AB9607-5308-410F-8D24-182CC1B73F2B_zpsxyhrki3v.jpg

F83AE58B-2651-4A64-A2EC-E12991BD2D52_zpsrmwphiyw.jpg

1F984789-AC4B-4CF2-B07D-6143D2A8A90A_zpsshwoga7p.jpg

I'm torn on whether to add the red circles or not. Have a lot of detail painting to do then will flat coat it and weather the heck out of it.