Looks like I get the first entry. Hasegawa CF-104 Starfighter. The REALLY old kit with Eduard photo etch and Canuck decals for a early 60s airframe.

I intend to do 12748. It crashed in Germany back in 1967. I all ready have built 104749, 750 and 751 in 1/32. This will complete the package.

[DSC_0716-2.jpg[/url

Edited by phantom

This should be good -I reckon we can look forward to a decent balance between the two types in this GB; it's likely there'll be a few big-scale Pointed Objects so this one ought to find itself in good company!

Really looking forward to seeing it take shape.

Good deal, I was able to make a comment and get the Completed Builds thread up before Phantom finished his project! An oldie but goodie, I like the Hasegawa Starfighter, goes together fast and the fit is decent!

V/r

Ron

Its really old. Would not surprise me if its from the late 60.s But the cockpit is quite nice (apart from the seat.) It builds up like a Starfighter and looks like one when done. Not as detailed as their 1/48 version. Kind of like their Skyhawk.

DSC_0721-2.jpg

Looking good Phantom! I bought the Hasegawa 1/32 F-104C "Vietnam" boxing and it's still the same kit. Other than the raised panel lines and basic bang seat, it still builds into a good looking jet!

V/r

Ron

Thanks! That is my old Melmac cup from the army. Has to be over 30 years old now. Been using it as my water based brush cleaner for over 20 years now. The Melmac bowl is for the decals, same timeframe.

Come to think of it, the varsol holder is one of my daughters first baby food containers.......She started university last week.

Well I am teaching first aid for two or three weeks in Toronto which means a lot of hours driving, so apart from the weekends I will have zero build time for a bit. Its either going to be the red and white "coke can" from 421 squadron or maybe a 1/32 F-4G to make my 175th Phantom