1/48 F/A-18F VF-103

Well this journey is over!

this was a really fun build. Final detail was a panel wash with Tamiya accents then went on a coat of Satin Alclad clear coat.

to finish up small details i use tamiya pastel for the blue on the burner rings and some random black shoot around some vents.

Big Thanks go out to ARC Devilleader501 for sending me some AIM-120C's and 2 rails that i used on the AGM's

build info:

1/48 hasegawa F/A-18F

BB cockpit

decals : Fighter town VFA-103 Summer 2008

weapons from Hasegawa weapon set and ARC member donation !

Paints : grey's Humbrol , black Krylon , whaite and yellow Badger model flex ,finishing coat Alclad clear satin

Cheers

Neo

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0031-2.jpg

DSC_0058-3.jpg

DSC_0064-4.jpg

DSC_0056-2.jpg

Just saw this today. She is indeed beautiful. Did the model come with a wingfold and flap down option, or was that scratch built? Weathering turned out nice! What did you use to streak the flaps? Been trying to get that look without luck. Nice job Neo!!!

What a truly outstanding build. Rock solid painting, decaling, and weathering. I've never used the Alcad clears other then the clear sealer for MMFs. From the looks of your finish, I'd say that it's right up there with my long time go to: Testors Dullcoat.

Joel

Hmm, no responses? Odd. Nothing wrong with the build. In fact, it looks pretty good to me. Well done! :thumbsup:/>/>

Thanks Pete. That tumbleweed really works!

Just saw this today. She is indeed beautiful. Did the model come with a wingfold and flap down option, or was that scratch built? Weathering turned out nice! What did you use to streak the flaps? Been trying to get that look without luck. Nice job Neo!!!

Thanks.

the kits wing comes in one piece but on the inside there is a guide line to scribe/cut to get the wings folded. there is also a part for the wing fold mech.

the weathering is a panel wash with Tamiya panel line accents, to get the streaking i wiped it with a paper towel with testor enamel thinner in steps, i.e pass once let it dry,then start over again with the same paper towel. has the paper towel gets more dirty and less wet with thinner it creates the streak effect

hope this helps

Great looking build and the weathering looks spot-on to me!

Thanks

What a truly outstanding build. Rock solid painting, decaling, and weathering. I've never used the Alcad clears other then the clear sealer for MMFs. From the looks of your finish, I'd say that it's right up there with my long time go to: Testors Dullcoat.

Joel

Thanks Joel. i got the Gloss and satin from alclad and they work really good and dry fast. the main advantage is that its premixed hence you get the same density all the time witch is allot easier for me. also its really handy when you run out mid way, just poor in some more and go!

It came out looking great!

Brandon

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Jael Great job on the Hornet. Apologies for not commenting sooner I haven't been on ARC in a while. I really like the weathering as well I wouldn't change a thing on it. She came out a whole lot better than I was imagining. Glad I could be of assistance with the parts. I have a pretty large stash of parts so in the future let me know if you need anything and if I have it you will be the first to receive it. Great job again she's a knockout. Can't wait for your next project. Cheers and happy modeling. JOSH

Sorry Neo, I've just seen it, no responses is very odd indeed...for such a very well done build, perhaps it's the markings....seems the JR's are very popular and are done quite often, still for one done so well and the loadout is very much uncommon with the -65's makes it worthy of notice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: