Alright

i finally ordered my kit. i used my phantom GB gift certificate @ sprue bros

ill be building a 1/48 Hasegawa TF-104G box art marking or maybe has a CF-104D NMF

Hope sprue bros gets its here fast!

Alright

i finally ordered my kit. i used my phantom GB gift certificate @ sprue bros

ill be building a 1/48 Hasegawa TF-104G box art marking or maybe has a CF-104D NMF

Nice! That's putting good use to a GC!

V/r

Ron

You better hope we ain't wearing the same dress to the Prom! :fight:

Good choice either way, and SB are usually pretty dependable.

You better hope we ain't wearing the same dress to the Prom! :fight:/>

Good choice either way, and SB are usually pretty dependable.

So whoever starts a build thread wins the dress :P

Have you built one of the Hasegawa Starfighters before Neo?

V/r

Ron

Nope never. this is uncharted territory. the only multiples i have made are F-18's and F-4's

Hope it will be fun!

Nope never. this is uncharted territory. the only multiples i have made are F-18's and F-4's

Hope it will be fun!

I've read somewhere they may be the best engineered kits Hasegawa puts out, I know they build quickly without hassle.

V/r

Ron

I'm still wobbling between an Eduard 1/48 MF, Trumpeter 1/32 MF or a Trumpeter 1/32 UM Mongol in Finnish markings, would the Mongol still be allowed as it's technically not a Fishbed?

Since the Mongol is listed as a Mig-21U (etc.), I think it will pass as a Mig-21 variant.

V/r

Ron

Alright, I have decided. I will build a Croatian MiG-21bis, using the Zvezda kit and Balkan Decals. Kit has been pulled from the stash, and there is paint on the cockpit parts. Decals will be ordered today and a thread will be started soon.

Hi everyone!

I'll drop in with a machine from my signature: MiG-21BIS-K reg. no. 17157 from SFR Yugoslav AF as seen on Golija '76 exercise.

Base kit will be Eduard 1/48 MiG-21BIS in ProfiPack with a few extras.

Stay tuned!

Alright, I have decided. I will build a Croatian MiG-21bis, using the Zvezda kit and Balkan Decals. Kit has been pulled from the stash, and there is paint on the cockpit parts. Decals will be ordered today and a thread will be started soon.

Combat Air forces Magazine did a nice spread on the Croatian Mig-21's not too long ago, think I still have it in one of the bathroom reading racks.

V/r

Ron

Hi everyone!

I'll drop in with a machine from my signature: MiG-21BIS-K reg. no. 17157 from SFR Yugoslav AF as seen on Golija '76 exercise.

Base kit will be Eduard 1/48 MiG-21BIS in ProfiPack with a few extras.

Stay tuned!

Welcome supergru, I'm not sure what extra's would make a Profipack kit better, but I'm eagerly waiting to see.

V/r

Ron

I'm in with a Revell 1/144 TF-104G dressed up in Balken Models decals representing the 69th FS, 58th TTW, Luke AB, 1977. I may grab another or two if I have time since the sheet has so many choices.

Chris

342af3efb5b067547a6a0b5d8253c2e7_zps7a1f18a7.jpg

f72a1791598755611500427de3ec22fc_zps5004bc79.jpg

Excellent subject Chris, but at this scale you will also need to build a 1/144 Mig-21 to go with it for the completed build pics. That is for end of build prize eligibility, if your not too concerned with that, build on my friend!

V/r

Ron

I'm in with a Revell 1/144 TF-104G dressed up in Balken Models decals representing the 69th FS, 58th TTW, Luke AB, 1977. I may grab another or two if I have time since the sheet has so many choices.

I saw that in the LHS this past Sunday. Looking forward in seeing how this goes.

I'll be joining with a build of the new Italeri 1/32 F-104 G/S.

IMG_20140924_222854_261.jpg

Right before my birthday this summer Lucky Model was having a crazy good sale and couldn't resist. Most places have it for sale for $130 but Lucky had it for $59. Snapped it up quick.

I'll be joining with a build of the new Italeri 1/32 F-104 G/S.

IMG_20140924_222854_261.jpg

Right before my birthday this summer Lucky Model was having a crazy good sale and couldn't resist. Most places have it for sale for $130 but Lucky had it for $59. Snapped it up quick.

Holy crud! What was I doing during this sale. I get all their newsletters!

V/r

Ron

Excellent subject Chris, but at this scale you will also need to build a 1/144 Mig-21 to go with it for the completed build pics. That is for end of build prize eligibility, if your not too concerned with that, build on my friend!

V/r

Ron

Hmm, okay. Forgot to read the ruls thread. I'll have to see if I can find a good deal on an 1/144 Mig-21 kit from somewhere. Anyone can elaborate on the differences between the Eduard, Trumpeter and Minicraft kits?

Combat Air forces Magazine did a nice spread on the Croatian Mig-21's not too long ago, think I still have it in one of the bathroom reading racks.

V/r

Ron

Cool.

I believe I still have an article in Air Forces Monthly somewhere from a joint exercise of the Croatian AF and the USN. It had some stunning pics of VF-103 F-14's and MiG-21's flying over a bright blue Adriatic Sea.

Hmm, okay. Forgot to read the ruls thread. I'll have to see if I can find a good deal on an 1/144 Mig-21 kit from somewhere. Anyone can elaborate on the differences between the Eduard, Trumpeter and Minicraft kits?

From what I've read, you will probably get the best offering from Eduard, 2 kits and great decals in one box. And it just so happens, Spruebrothers is giving 20% discounts on all Eduard products through 28 Sep.

V/r

Ron

Edited by bashace