I will definitely build a 1/48 Starfighter from Hasegawa, with some parts from the Daco upgrade set. Decals will be from Canuck models (I think; have to check my stash), and it will be in an overall green scheme from about 1973 or so in Baden. 439 Squadron (my father's squadron) of course!

Then, I have two big decisions to make. Do I jump in with my 1/32 Italeri kit? Or, do I get an Eduard MiG-21 kit (Profipak)? Or maybe do both?

Decisions, decisions... :woot.gif:

For Neo: the Hasegawa kits are FANTASTIC in 1/48. I have built about 4, and I have 3 others in the stash. I agree that they are the best-engineered Hasegawa kits I have ever built.

ALF

Hey All,

Time to get on board. I'd like to complete a couple Starfighters and maybe even a Mig-21 for this group build.

I'm starting off with a CF-104. It will be in the markings of 439 Sq. 1 Canadian Air Group painted in the three tone camo. Here is a listing of the kit and aftermarket items I plan on using.

1/48 Hasegawa F-104 Red Baron kit

Leading Edge 48.20 Decals

DACO update set for wings, stab, pylons, ecm, MN1A practice bomb dispenser, intake cover etc..

Black Box CF-104 cockpit

Master Model metal pitot

Hypersonic resing thin tires

Aires afterburner

Belcher Bits LAU-5002 6 tube rocket launchers

zRARCM.jpg

Now off to start the build.

Cheers,

John

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in, will convert an Hasegawa F-104J into an early Norwegian F-104G using some resin, DACO set and ArmyCast decals, later, if time will be enought, will do an early Luftwaffe interceptor, F-104G from Richtofen Geshwader.

I'm in, will convert an Hasegawa F-104J into an early Norwegian F-104G using some resin, DACO set and ArmyCast decals, later, if time will be enought, will do an early Luftwaffe interceptor, F-104G from Richtofen Geshwader.

Welcome to the GB Paolo!

V/r

Ron

I'd like to join with a couple 1/144th kits. I'll call it my "Upgraded StarFish" build.

-Italian F-104S (1/144th Revell of Germany F-104G kit, decals TBD)

-Romanian MiG-21 LANCER C (1/144th Eduard MiG-21MF kit, decals by Balkan Models)

Both kits will require a little modification from the base kits. I hope to get started on these this week.

John

I'd like to join with a couple 1/144th kits. I'll call it my "Upgraded StarFish" build.

-Italian F-104S (1/144th Revell of Germany F-104G kit, decals TBD)

-Romanian MiG-21 LANCER C (1/144th Eduard MiG-21MF kit, decals by Balkan Models)

Both kits will require a little modification from the base kits. I hope to get started on these this week.

John

Welcome aboard John!

V/r

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I'm in the final finishing steps of my CF-104 I'm going to start my next GB projects. I hope to have them on the work bench next week.

1. 1/48 Hasegawa CF-104D in the Starfighters color scheme. I have the Hasegawa decals as well as the Two Bobs decals and will be using some DACO update items along with aftermarket ejection seats, wheels and afterburner.

2. 1/48 Eduard Mig-21MF Subscribers Limited Edition kit. I'm thinking of doing it in Polish Air Force markings and will be using a lot of Brassin resin aftermarket on this build.

Cheers,

John

i'm about to start as much as 8 Eduard 1/48 MiG-21! 2 bis, 1 SM, 3 SMT (maybe 1 as a MT), 1R and 1 PFM.

i'm now in the very early stage of every of them (have done some job on seats, cut some resin blocks, test fitting... have airbrushed some paints for the inner surfaces (pits and wells) )

i'll start some new threads tomorrow evening i guess (but maybe not all 8 threads simultaneously as i didn't wanted to bury the other threads of this GB , that would be annoying!)

i might not be able to complete all of them before the deadline... but i'll try to get a couple done in time, at least...

Edited by mingwin
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...