Cutting it close on this one. I was hoping to get a Mig-21 built during this group build as well but I'll have to settle for a second Starfighter instead.

Hasegawa 1/48 F-104D/TF-104G kit done up as a Starfighters Inc. CF-104D. Hasegawa decals along with FineMolds metal pitot probe, Hypersonic Models resin narrow tires, Aires exhaust, aftermarket ejection seats as well as some DACO update set parts.

I decided to keep the build clean looking as the real jet is kept very clean. The Future gloss coat was a bit too shiny so I toned it down with a top coat mixture of 50/50 Micro Gloss/Micro Satin. This cuts down the toy look of the finished kit.

COC12o.jpg

VlMiFS.jpg

ua8gPP.jpg

Thanks for looking and also thanks to bashace for hosing this group build.

Cheers,

John

• 1 month later...

1/32 Italeri F-104G. OOB.

CIMG5938.JPG

CIMG5940.JPG

CIMG5943.JPG

CIMG5961.JPG

CIMG5949.JPG

CIMG5944.JPG

CIMG5948.JPG

Overall, nice kit. Lots of excellent details (like the ladder, engine and tail dolley) and tons of decal options, but a mediocre cockpit. If I can pick up another for cheap I will definitely get some aftermarket decals and build that NASA bird.

• 1 year later...

Hello StarFishers!

I apologize for not being available to see the GB through to the end, some serious work issues got in the way for a while. But I am here to make good on the final prizes for all the modelers who completed builds here. I will think how best to provide a worthy conclusion for all your hard work, there are some very nice examples of F-104's and Mig-21's on display!

V/r

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:54 AM, Neo said:

Hi Ron

you had us all worried 

really glad its only bussy related and not health related!!

really happy to see you back!! 

Thanks Neo!

I tried to hang in there, work and OTG work sites killed it for me.

Hopefully I can get back in the saddle and move forward!