Dear carpet Monster

Really like the panty hose idea. What gets me is that when dropping a small part on the carpet, I would assume it went in certain a direction. Nearly 90% of the time when I do actually find the part, it's some place that defies the laws of physics.

Joel

Edited by Joel_W

I build only in 1/72, and in two locations, one with carpeted floor, one with vinyl. Both floors are small-parts hell. When a part goes flying, I sometimes hear a faint "ding" when it either lands or ricochets off something hard. For a year or so, I assumed that sound to be a clue as to the general direction in which to initiate a ground search. I stopped assuming that when I learned that I hear high-pitched sounds about three times louder in my right ear than in my left, so I'm no good for determining the source of high-pitched sound. That probably explains why I was never able to find my A-1H gunsight, but spent 2 hours of looking and vacuuming.

What really irks me is when I lose a relatively large part, as happened recently with a window from nose of the AC-119K I'm now building. Ended up making a new one.

The weirdest part "find" I ever made was when, after searching the floor for an hour, I caught a glint of something out of the corner of my eye, and it turned out to be the missing part. I have no idea how it got there, but it was on top of my hand!

My wife has found a couple parts that I couldn't find. She's into quilting, a hobby much like model building. To be even halfway good at either, you have to be very patient, and more than a little insane.