About 21 years ago I promised my wife of 35 years I would get her a house/home of her/our own. Over the last 6-8 weeks I have been diligently attempting to do just that, and tomorrow on 9/4/14 I will fulfill that promise, we will receive the key to our new home, and get away from apartment living. Needless to say I'm proud I could get it done, and the family is elated also. I didn't do it alone I've had their support from day one, and now with the help of the Good Lord above....it's about to come to fruition. Now I'll finally have room for a decent display case, and my builds won't be collecting dust like an open air warehouse.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo::banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: Waaaaaaaaaahoooooooooooo!!!!!.

:D, Hi Clif,

Well done and congratulations. Your wife and your family must be so proud of you. As we say Downunder, "On ya mate, great goin' there sport." You and your lovely wife and family must be so happy to get into a real house of your own. I've lived in barracks and apartments and a huge 2 story house on top of a hill with a 360 degree view but none of them were mine. It's great to have your own home. Again mate, well done. I'm sure you'll enjoy life a little more now; not that I don't think you enjoy life to the full as it is.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Congratulations!!!

Been married for 32 years, and we bought our home before we were married. It was a struggle to buy it, and a struggle at times to stay in it. We paid off our 30 year mortgage in 18 years which really saved us over the long haul. The bottom line is that it's ours, and we're proud of that.

Joel

Congrats! We've been in ours for 18 years now. We have done a few refinances that basically put the count down clock reset back to zero before it gets paid off, but it was a good investment. The last one was done about 4 years ago after the wife graduated from Grad School. We rolled the majority of the student loans into the mtg. to pay them down as much as we could. At least this time we did a 15 year mtg. About 4 months ago her work went through a major restructure and she was "let go" from the hospital and all the employees in her department were hired by an outside contractor they now work for. It was a major pay cut for us and it really is sucking the life out of life now! (Thanks healthcare reform...) But at least she is still employed. The first thing she did was started talking about another re-fi. I had to put my foot down this time. I'm getting too damned old to stare a 30 year mtg in the face. Her plan was to re-fi at 30, but pay double payments so we have a lower monthly if we needed it. Currently the house will be paid off in 11 years, but I'm eligible for retirement in about 7 years.

Edited by Scott Smith
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanx for all the well wishes, and congrats. We are OFFICIALLY moved in and doing it BIG TIME!!!, the cable guy just left, after having to do a whole new install. I'm gonna upset the apple cart when I ask for a pro rating on my cable bill for not having service or 10 days :o . Hey I deserve it they cut me off from ARC and that's my life line...well to me it is.

Hello Clif

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your lovely M....THE feeling of owning your own home with a garden/backyard must be quite overwhelming for the both of you; but you deserve that after such a long time... :wub: :wub:

I am very pleased that now that you have this fantastic new home you will be able to sit in the yard with your binoculars and watch the world go by and the Postman will HAVE NO trouble bringing you huge plastic WINGY thingys. :yahoo: :yahoo:

you will be able to sit in the shade too :coolio::whistle:

enjoy the new Home.... and once again well deserved and I need your new residential home address ..

ENJOY your new home MY good friend...better get looking for a homewarming gift.. :kissing2:

HOLMES