civilian hercules

Hi fellow modellers,

I just got a C130 from minicraft, and plan to build it in the "Golden Nugget" livery.

As I understood, the civilian version of the C130 is longer.

Did one of you guys would Know How tomodify this kit ?

Thank you for your help,

Happy Modeling,

Boz

Braz, released an extended -30 fuselage designed for the Minicraft kit.

Is the Golden Nugget L-100 a -20 or -30?

The L100-20 has a 5 ft (1.5 m) section forward of the wing and 3 ft 4 in (1.02 m) section aft of the wing.

The L100-30 has a further section of 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m) forward of the wing.

Divide by 144 to get the lengths for your conversion. I have heard of people cutting up to kits to get the desired fuselage length. There was also an article in Finescale Modeler where an 1/72 C-130 was lengthened to a C-130-30 some years ago. That could give you an idea. i amy have a scan of it somewhere.

I checked the web, and so far the only ref I have is a L100, L382B, but I am unable to tell if it is a 10 or a 20

I guess the 10 has the same fuselage length. On the decal sheet it look more like a 20. Draw mentioned a C130-2

which could well be a L100-20 to me.

Cheers

Boz, Alaska's L.382Bs were L-100-10s, so no kit conversion is necessary. Just remember to fill-in and paint over the lower flightdeck windows situated behind the nose for civil versions.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Alaska-Airlines/Lockheed-L-100-Hercules/0121834/L

http://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com/Lockheed-Aircraft/Lockheed-382-Hercules-C130/i-5V2zdMV/0/L/Alaska%20382B%20N9227R%20(61)(Grd)%20SEA%20(JGC)(46)-L.jpg

http://img.wp.scn.ru/camms/ar/98/pics/5199_1.jpg

Scott.

• 2 years later...

So the model is completed, but by the time I got the answer about the version of the version of the Golden Nugget, I already started the mod for 20... Here it comes

IMG_3080.jpgIMG_3079.jpg

After this I tried to find any decals for the 20, but did not. I finally re-mod and got my original version 10.... After quite a while and a lot of disappointment.

Here is the Best now.

IMG_1730.jpgIMG_1729.jpgIMG_1727.jpgIMG_1725.jpg

Wow, that looks quite good!:thumbsup:

I find Minicraft can range from good to horrible. From the photos above, it doesn't look like fit on the fuselage was too bad. How was this overall?

Also, how were the Draw decals?

I have to say that I really agree with with Minicraft. I have 2 777 and 4 757, and I have a lot of work on those.

For the Hercules, I have to admit that it a quite decent kit. It would put it in the category of the MD80 kit.

The decals were from Draw decal, which are normally pretty good too.