CVW-8 Ops over Iraq on BBC News

I thought this might be of interest, I noticed that it looked like some of the Super Hornets were flying without their refuelling probe covers like the F-14 did. I'd also like to know the story behind the disco ball hanging from the overhead behind the Air Boss.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-29071631

Stephen

Great report...you wouldn't get 5 seconds of footage here on CNN, MSNBC or FOX...they're all too busy wanting to make themselves part of the news. BBC does is right.

As for the disco ball? Just someone's idea of fun I'm sure...wait...FUN!? I thought the Navy did away with that?!

Great report...you wouldn't get 5 seconds of footage here on CNN, MSNBC or FOX...they're all too busy wanting to make themselves part of the news. BBC does is right.

well put

As for the disco ball? Just someone's idea of fun I'm sure...wait...FUN!? I thought the Navy did away with that?!

Pockets of isolated resistance remain, but the war on fun continues.

I noticed an EA-6B in the background.

I wonder if they're still being used (Not completely phased out yet) or was it file footage that they added to the video clip.

Thanks for sharing.

VAQ-134 is a Prowler squadron currently attached to CVW-8. It's either the last or one of the last remaining EA-6B outfits in NAVAIR.

VAQ-134 is a Prowler squadron currently attached to CVW-8. It's either the last or one of the last remaining EA-6B outfits in NAVAIR.

They are the last Prowler squadron, scheduled to transition into EA-18Gs in 2016.

-Gregg

It does, but they would be going out of service before anyone can get the decals printed in time for a GB.......Maybe next year.

Combat Aircraft September has an article about the last cruise, but the photos do not show enough detail to make the markings. No tail shots.