Maybe I should stick with plastic models...

So I have other hobbies. Mountain Biking is one of them. I'm an avid single track cross country - meaning I stick to the woods. Mostly rolling trails with a few obstacles and trees mixed in. I don't to much as far as jumps, beams, etc. Anyways - I decided to try a new trail last Sunday. Its was really less trail - more obstacles. "What the heck, lets try it" I thought.

I also just purchased a GoPro... You can see where I'm heading with this.

Enjoy my pain and suffering. Lesson learned: scope out obstacles BEFORE attempting.

Hope you were not too hurt in the incident.

That being said; You say you're into MTB'ing. Did you ever learn or even know of the technique of 'manualing'?

Once I learned to manual it made MTB'ing so much more fun and more importantly, much safer.

Even a single track dude like yourself will benefit greatly from learning how to manual.

http://www.wikihow.c...al-on-a-Bicycle

BTW; I'm a life-long MTB'er. Been MTB'ing since before it was called MTB'ing.

I adding riding on the road 4.5 years ago when I started commuting to work.

What's cool is that there are single tracks between home and work so I set up my bike to handle both road and dirt.

My commuter bike is what's known as a 69'er. I took my wife's 26'er hardtail and swapped in a steel Salsa 29'er disc-compatible touring fork. So I have a 26 rear wheel with V-brakes and a 29'er with 203mm disc brake fork up front.