F-23 Black Widow II

On 9/20/2014 at 0:28 AM, Berkut said:

That picture above is 100% fanboy art. Me, you, or a caveman could have drawn just as "realistic" one.

On 9/20/2014 at 0:28 AM, Berkut said:

That picture above is 100% fanboy art. Me, you, or a caveman could have drawn just as "realistic" one.

That's 100% correct. I was a pretty big fanboy when I made that drawing in CorewDraw in 2007. Still, I still consider some parts of it somewhat realistic while I do agree that others predate my understanding that heavy weapons loads affect aircraft center of gravity. I also made an assumption that removing the bulkhead between the bays would be possible and feasible.

On the 10th anyversary of that "Fake News" drawing I actually feel pretty good about another design, that for a wing mounted weapons pod. I feel that would have made a lot more sense on the F-23A as it structurally had much beefier wings at the root the F-22A. The overall idea was vindicated by Boeing Wepons Pod for the Super Horner and I have no doubts we will see a lot more of there types weapons pods in the future.

low_observable_supercruise_pod_mk3_by_la