That is a striking bird! Nicely done on getting those large surface decals on a compound surface.

I'm always hesitant to glue painted parts together, especially with decals close by. Lost a Fokker D.VIII done that way...

That is a striking bird! Nicely done on getting those large surface decals on a compound surface.

I'm always hesitant to glue painted parts together, especially with decals close by. Lost a Fokker D.VIII done that way...

Thank you David. The way these decals go on and the way the wings slot into the fuselage make it pretty easy not to bugger things up. I feel your pain on the loss of your Fokker D.VIII.

Nice job, Mike!

That frilly, lace tablecloth is fitting for 441 Squadron... not that there's anything wrong with that!

ALF

OUCH! I'm sure there's a reason for the bias. Thanks for the props buddy. BTW - I liked your presentation to Chris Hadfield. Nice job.

Very nice build there Buddy.... I like that sharp contrast between the nose and the rest of the A/C. Very cool!!

Thanks bub! It is a neat contrast. I was surprised though that the flat black was only on the nose cone and this aircraft didn't have the traditional anti glare panel in front of the windscreen and on the sills beside the canopy. At least that's what the painting instructions said on the decal sheet.

Thanks for stopping by gents. :thumbsup:

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Ron,

PM Sent. Thank you.

chippy,

Thanks for your kind words. I have a few more special Starfighter schemes to go. They should look good when done.

Cheers!

Mike

Very nice build Mike. Those decals could be a challenge..I built one many years ago for a 441 Sqn pilot

Barney

Thank you for your kind words, Barney. I was fearful that I might have an issue with the decals but I was quite relieved when they went on without any splitting or breaking. Dave Koss did a really good job on them.

I have a few more CF-104 projects to do including a natural metal finish single, 439's Tiger Meet special, 421's 'Coke Bottle', the proposed Golden Centennaires scheme and another overall green. So many models and not enough time...at least until I retire.

Take care.

Mike