1:48 - Republic RF-84F Thunderflash by Tanmodel - released

Thanks Kursad, towards the end, he mentions one more aircraft for which they have completed the 3D scan, did you decipher what aircraft that is?

The word he uses is "Pezetel", which is how the PZL P.24 is usually known as in Turkey. The Istanbul museum has the world's only remaining P.24.

• 1 month later...

The owner mentions that they had access to original technical data from Republic, but ended up finding out things on the museum airplane that were not mentioned in the data.

Heh.

Reminds me of the two panels before the wing leading edge on F-84G. On 1/48 Tamiya they are square, on Revel Germany they are triangular.

The real airframe in Belgrade museum doesn't have any panels in that area.

Vedran

The milimeter brigade

What's wrong with the ***gorgeous*** Wolfpack T-38?

In 1/32nd ???

Source: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234967246-148-republic-rf-84f-thunderflash-by-tanmodel-released/?p=2200681

(...) First one is 1/32 F-5A and the second one is 1/32 F-4E kits.

Kit Number : 3301 - 1/32 F-5A, CF-5A (or CF-116), NF-5A, F-5A© Skoshi Tiger, F-5A 2000 ( Turkish Upgrade Program ), NF-5A 2000, RF-5A

Kit Number : 3302 - 1/32 F-5B, CF-5B (or CF-116D), NF-5B, F-5B 2000, NF-5B 2000

Kit Number : 3303 - 1/32 T-38A TALON, T-38M ARI ( Turkish Upgrade Program )

Versions of these kits will be in the same box. You will only have to choose the version that you would like to build. Additionally, our 1/32 Turkish Stars kit that we acquired the license from Turkish Air Force will also be released. We are planning to provide paint mask with this kit. (...)

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20001%20-%20Main%20Title.jpg

Dear forum members, our modeler friends;

Our 1/48 scale RF-84F kit has been released in Turkish market as of 29 December 2015 and will be distributed to all our distributor and wholesalers after New Year’s Day. You can purchase them from your local hobby shops within a few weeks. We would like to thank all of our modeler friends who pre-ordered and waited for us patiently.

Our RF-84F is presented to you by TANMODEL in a long awaited quality with special part breakdowns, modeler-friendly solutions and other details representing the importance we put on modelers – all designed by Tanmodel’s design team.

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20002.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20003.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20004.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20005.jpg

Our kit, prepared using new generation mould manufacturing methods, has panel lines and rivet details in different sizes. We processed these details onto mould using Dmg Mori Lasertec 65 milling center. For milling precision (especially for fuselage and wings) we utilized equipment of System3R Company. We would like to thank to engineers at the company headquarters in Switzerland for their attention and providing equipment of a special technology which they are preparing to release.

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20006.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20007.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20008.jpg

Not just mould production; we also used our international relations during 3D design in an effort to present you the best. Our modelers friends, their names our below, supported us with information-document-pictures. We thank them before you :

3D design advisor Mr. Cumali AYGUN (Turkey), who provided us opinions and suggestions and Mr. Bob VERHEGGHEN (Belgium), Mr. Marco Alberto REBOSIO (Italy), Mr. Rick ELLIS (U.S.A.), Mr. Hans-Peter STARK (Germany), Mr. Ahmet Cagri ACIKGOZ (Turkey), Mr. Turhan GUNGOR (Turkey), who assisted us for photographs and documentation. Mr. Martin WILSON for English proof reading (U.K.). Box-art drawing by Mr. Huseyin BALTA (Turkey)

We also would like to thank Dutch Decal Company and its owner Mr. Luuk BOERMAN for preparing our decal set. He prepared a great decal placement guide for you. We believe you will add this guide that we prepared as a booklet into your archive for reference.

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20010.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20012.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20013.jpg

Our objectives as we prepared this kit:

- To make it entertaining for everybody. Whether be a young or a experienced modeler. A model that is easy to build with comprehensible and detailed instruction sheet

- Multi optional decal set

- Option to build standard or detailed model

- Of course; accurate scale and shape

- Precise details

- Perfectly studied part breakdowns

- To be sold with very similar price labels worldwide (for you to not wait cargo from different countries)

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20009.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20011.jpg

Our objectives for our future projects:

- Strive to present a better Project, take your messages into consideration.

A perfect kit with a box content we believe that you will like – Special gifts:

Tanmodel has a team consisted of modelers. Thus, we think like you. We also make models and share them with our family and friends. We have beautiful pictures and posters on our walls both at home and office. So we figured that you would like posters as we do and we prepared a 34 x 22 cm poster printed on a special paper from profiles within our decal set.

TANMODEL%20POSTER%2034x22.jpg

We spend lots of time to make model bases for models at exhibitions and competitions. Hence, we wanted to give another gift which has never been given by another company before. A 34 x 22 cm model base and/or mouse pad with taxiway image. If you like our gifts, we are planning to include them in our other kits. We would be more than happy if you could send you feedback about this.

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20014.jpg

Tanmodel%20RF-84F%20015.jpg

Now it’s RF-84F’s turn. Thank you for your attention. Please do not hesitate to contact us about anything.

Best regards,

TANMODEL Plastic Model Kits

Thanks for a great-looking kit, Tanmodel; the RF-84F has needed a new-tool kit for some time and yours looks superb.

If my eyes don't deceive me, it appears that the fuselage is molded in one piece, with the doors on the upper nose, above the camera bays, molded in the closed position. It also appears that seperate doors are included so that if one wants to have these doors open, you have to cut open the fuselage, then pose the seperate doors in the open position. If so, somone at Tanmodel was thinking...open doors and open panels are a pain to close because the doors/panels really never fit right; the way you have molded the kit makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks again Tanmodel for thinking about the modeler. I'll be getting a couple of these kits, if they are available.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for a great-looking kit, Tanmodel; the RF-84F has needed a new-tool kit for some time and yours looks superb.

If my eyes don't deceive me, it appears that the fuselage is molded in one piece, with the doors on the upper nose, above the camera bays, molded in the closed position. It also appears that seperate doors are included so that if one wants to have these doors open, you have to cut open the fuselage, then pose the seperate doors in the open position. If so, somone at Tanmodel was thinking...open doors and open panels are a pain to close because the doors/panels really never fit right; the way you have molded the kit makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks again Tanmodel for thinking about the modeler. I'll be getting a couple of these kits, if they are available.

If you look at the Tanmodel FB page or other sources direct from them, you'll see that's exactly what they did. Kudos! No open panels to try to fix.

" 34 x 22 cm model base and/or mouse pad with taxiway image. If you like our gifts, we are planning to include them in our other kits. We would be more than happy if you could send you feedback about this."

So You have my feedback here: congratulations for this outstanding model of the RF-84F, very fine kit of this spectacular aircraft from the 50's, my favorite World's Era. Hope see (and buy) more from TANMODELS, I think I know what is Your next kit in 1/48...

Anyway I would like to offer You my suggestion for TAN's next 3rd project in 1/48: the FJ-2/3/3M Fury with same level of details of the F-84F.

If there is a thing I really appreciate in business is gifts, souvenirs, frees, etc...that some manufacturers offers to buyers. Still Today I have several old "key holders" from my Father's time made by Buick, Chevrolet, Esso, Texaco, Havoline, Coca-Cola, Dunlop, etc... that they gave for users at station gas and motor-restaurants decades ago.

So I would like encourage You to sell such stuff like mouse-pads with taxiway or kit's cover top images, posters of subjects, etc... always with business in mind.

SouthViper

Anyway I would like to offer You my suggestion for TAN's next 3rd project in 1/48: the FJ-2/3/3M Fury with same level of details of the F-84F.

I'm pretty sure the Turkish AF Museum doesn't have a Fury in its collection :)

I'm pretty sure the Turkish AF Museum doesn't have a Fury in its collection :)/>/>

I am fairly certain that the museum also does not have an SR-71 either, so I don't get the relevance?

Edited by madmanrick

I am fairly certain that the museum also does not have an SR-71 either, so I don't get the relevance?

They've made a big deal about how they've had cooperation on all their announced projects (SR-71 is news to me) from, and have 3D scanned the ones in the TuAF museum. Everything (SR excepted) seems to be something the TuAF has flown.

They've made a big deal about how they've had cooperation on all their announced projects (SR-71 is news to me) from, and have 3D scanned the ones in the TuAF museum. Everything (SR excepted) seems to be something the TuAF has flown.

What about the 32nd F-111B?