F-4G Weapons Loadout

Afternoon everyone. I am currently gathering some information on various aircraft that I have in my stash. While trying to narrow down some of the information, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for books on the F-4G wild Weasel that will have the examples of it it's weapons loadout and/or any thoughts on from the community on the recommended books. Thank you all for your help. Also, I have to move the thread, please let me know.

Afternoon everyone. I am currently gathering some information on various aircraft that I have in my stash. While trying to narrow down some of the information, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for books on the F-4G wild Weasel that will have the examples of it it's weapons loadout and/or any thoughts on from the community on the recommended books. Thank you all for your help. Also, I have to move the thread, please let me know.

If you can find it, Hans Halberstadt's "The Wild Weasels- History of US Air Force SAM Killers, 1965 to Today" is a good one. There are also lots of good photos online if you do a search. This link had many, many great photos but for some reason my computer won't work with it any more, maybe you'll have better luck:

http://dodimagery.afis.osd.mil/imagery.html

Hi,

F-4G used many armement:

SAM Killer:

-AGM-45 Shrike,

-AGM-88 Harm

Other:

-AGM-65 Maverick,

-Cluster Bomb...

Standard to see it with 2 AIM-7 Sparrow and one F-15 fuel tank in center position

For ECM pod, check the Squadron...

For SPang in Europe, they used AN/ALQ-131.

For the other squadron, you see AN/ALQ-184 and AN/ALQ-131 (mainly for 561st).

During Desert Storm,

they used 4 Harm on the beginning and after used old Shrike to used all the stock.

Cheers

SPang

Depends on the time frame really, certain weapons were dropped from service later on after their inception. The AGM-78 was carried briefly while the F-105G was still around but then dropped later by the Air Force.

Pat,

I never knew the Standard ARM was carried on the Phantom. That would be a cool load. Did they carry two of these? I assume on the inboard pylons only?

I never knew the Standard ARM was carried on the Phantom. That would be a cool load. Did they carry two of these? I assume on the inboard pylons only?

Typically seen with one on the Port inbd. pylon 70's, early 80's until HARM use. Usually if doing early SEA with white belly. Good pics in the Detail & Scale F-4E book.

I will be working with the old AMT/Ertl F-4G kit as an in-flight model. Going to start the list of things I need to update.

As a Weasel pilot might say, YGBSM! That's "ya gotta be sh.tn' me!" That model is incredibly inaccurate, but if it's what you have...

The AGM-78 was used later than many think, carried on either side inboard pylon. Here's a DoD photo from 1985 or thereabouts:

DF-ST-85-11181a-1.jpg

Photos I took in May 1982:

69-0302May1982GeorgeAFBScottRWilson_zpsdf7b0f47.jpg

69-0302May1982GeorgeAFBCAScottRWilson_zps41ded694.jpg

More DoD photos showing STARMS, also from 1985:

DF-ST-85-02612a_zps3d843b33.jpg

DF-ST-85-02614a_zps994dfe0f.jpg

DoD photo from 1982:

DF-ST-82-00475a_zps32218ea2.jpg

Edited by Scott R Wilson

Have to work what I can get. Going more for the fun of the build and enjoying building an interesting subject.

As a Weasel pilot might say, YGBSM! That's "ya gotta be sh.tn' me!" That model is incredibly inaccurate, but if it's what you have...

The AGM-78 was used later than many think, carried on either side inboard pylon. Here's a DoD photo from 1985 or thereabouts:

DF-ST-85-11181a-1.jpg

Photos I took in May 1982:

69-0302May1982GeorgeAFBScottRWilson_zpsdf7b0f47.jpg

69-0302May1982GeorgeAFBCAScottRWilson_zps41ded694.jpg

More DoD photos showing STARMS, also from 1985:

DF-ST-85-02612a_zps3d843b33.jpg

DF-ST-85-02614a_zps994dfe0f.jpg

DoD photo from 1982:

DF-ST-82-00475a_zps32218ea2.jpg